Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 7th, 2012 08:00

General Heat Process Win32 Encountered a problem and needs to close

Above was the first error I received.

I installed new hard drive, installed windows from Dell Disk, and upgraded memory to 2 gigs.  Computer worked fine until today when I received  the shown and above and the errors below;

IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

I have upgraded several computers this way and would like a fix in order to put them in place.  Any ideas.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 7th, 2012 09:00

What model computer and operating system? Different OS could mean diff answers. Google the error messages for some Microsoft solutions. Are you sure about the General Heat Process? It could be Generic Host Process: www.tomshardware.com/.../85821-45-generic-host-process-win32-services-encountered-prob

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 8th, 2012 06:00

From your other thread, you've got Windows XP on an Optiplex 745.

Looking at the errors one at a time, "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT" could be a RAM problem. Just for troubleshooting purposes, put your old RAM back in and see if that problem goes away.

9 Posts

May 8th, 2012 19:00

I'm sorry I neglected to give complete information.  You were correct I switched the memory and it resolved my issue.  Thank you for your input.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 9th, 2012 13:00

Dells, especially Optiplex systems, can be picky about RAM. If you want to upgrade to 2 GB, we recommend Crucial, since they guarantee their RAM to work in Dell systems.

No Events found!