Highlighted
2004_4600
1 Nickel

Re: Graphics cards compatible with XPS 8700?

Jump to solution

Hi Sundeep,

You write that "the system automatically disables the integrated GPU whenever a video card is installed in the PCI Express slot of system." Does it work the opposite way too--if I remove the discrete GPU will the integrated graphics automatically turn on without any need to change any settings or drivers? I think this will be my last question. Thanks for all your help.

Walter

0 Kudos
speedstep
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

You cant remove the integrated GPU.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
2004_4600
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi SpeedStep,

Thanks, I know you can't remove the integrated GPU. My question was:

"if I remove the discrete GPU will the integrated graphics automatically turn on without any need to change any settings or drivers? "

I suspect the answer is yes, but if you know for sure, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Walter,

Yes, the reverse holds true as well. The integrated GPU is automatically enabled by system when you power on the system without a video card installed in PCI Express slot. However, you might need to install the drivers for integrated GPU (if not installed already).

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Sundeep B
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA;India For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.

0 Kudos
Yan12345
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Sundeep

This card says that it needs 450 w power supply to run and the xps 8700 has exactly 450W so would this card be capable of running on this computer with the other specs accounted for

www.staples.ca/.../product_180199_2-CA_1_20001

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Yan12345,

Yes, ZOTAC GeForce GTX 650 Ti AMP! Edition has a PSU requirements of 450W and based on specifications it should work with your system. You may refer to its review Here for detailed information.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,
Sundeep B
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA;India For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.

0 Kudos
ahsang
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello,

I wanted to buy a Dell XPS 8700 desktop but i want to upgrade the video card

-4th gen I5, 12gb RAM, 1TB harddrive, AMD 7570 graphics card.

Would EVGA GeForce GTX770 SuperClocked with EVGA ACX Cooler, 2GB GDDR5 256bit work with this desktop?

Thank you for helping!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi ahsang,

Dell has not tested the above video card with XPS 8700. I did some research and found that a few users were able to successfully use the GTX 770 video card with XPS 8700. Also, based on technical specifications it should work with the system.

XPS 8700 is shipped with latest UEFI BIOS. If the video card BIOS does not support UEFI, it might not work with the system. In that case, either a video card BIOS update from manufacturer will fix the problem or you may disable UEFI Secure Boot in XPS 8700 to get the video card working.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Sundeep B
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos
ahsang
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for the answer!

GTX770 does in fact support UEFI. Sounds like I am good to go!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi ahsang,

I am glad you found the information helpful.

Feel free to reach us if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Sundeep B
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos