Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

August 21st, 2009 21:00

HDMI port on Inspiron 546 with HD 4350 card upgrade?

Hi, I am about to buy an Inspiron 546, but I am confused as to what video outs I will have on the computer. When I look at Dell's website, there are pictures of this computer with a hdmi port on it, but is there only one available with the integrated card? I ask this because when I look up the HD 4350 (the upgrade I can select over the integrated card) online I only see DVI, S-video, and VGA outputs on the card: http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-4000/hd-4350/Pages/ati-radeon-hd-4300-overview.aspx

So, if I upgrade to the HD 4350 on my Dimension 546, will I have an HDMI port?

I know DVI has the same video quality as HDMI, but I think I heard that DVI does not send sound out like HDMI does and I really want that feature. Thanks in advance!

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

August 23rd, 2009 03:00

Hi, An DVI to hdmi adapter will sort out any video problems. As for your sound, that will come out of your sound card, or it will come from your onboard chip, and not your graphics card. The setup I use to play blu-ray movies. I have a sound cable running from my sound card to tele, with a HDMI cable running from my graphics card to a HDMI port on the tele.

August 23rd, 2009 21:00

Ok, thanks a lot for the info.

No Events found!