Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 19th, 2012 17:00

HDMI to VGA Converter IN1930 Monitor

Question:

Can I use a HDMI to VGA converter to hook up a IN1930 monitor(Monitor VGA Only) to a Inspiron 620 (Has both HDMI & VGA) ? Will this work & will it be better than a straight VGA cable?

Thanks,

theoldlefthander

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 19th, 2012 17:00

Hi Theoldlefthander,

It won't look any better.

February 20th, 2013 07:00

If your looking to convert hdmi into vga then you must make sure you don't buy a simple 'hdmi to vga' cable like this one:

These simple vga to hdmi cables don't work, all they do is pass a digital signal through which is useless because VGA inputs need analogue and not digital. To convert VGA into HDMI successfully then you will need to buy a vga to hdmi converter which can be found here: http://scarttohdmi.co.uk/vga-to-hdmi-converter-box/

They can also be found in Walmart or a digital shop.

Once you get one of these converters its a simple case of plug and play. You will need a hdmi cable and a vga cable to connect everything together. This is what i did and it has saved me alot of time and money.

If your looking for what a vga to hdmi converter looks like its something similar to this:

Here is a quick review and set up of one of these converters:

Hope all this information helps you theoldlefthander!

PS. click here for more information about the converter If you need any more help.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 21st, 2013 07:00

At $99 or more for a scan converter you can buy a 19 to 22 inch LCD that has VGA.:emotion-3:

IF Its a used monitor it could also have HDMI and DVI.

No Events found!