Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

March 11th, 2004 23:00

HELP...URGENT NEED HELP WITH BACKGROUND

Hey,

I have a question and I'm in a hurry so any help is appreciated. I have a picture as my background but it isnt stored anywhere else and I want to know if there is a way to save to a disc/print, etc. Thanks in advance.

1 Rookie

• 

3.9K Posts

March 12th, 2004 00:00

Easy, the file should be in your C:\windows folder, you can find the filename in the Display settings, background tab.  It will be a .BMP file.  Then just copy to Floppy or CD.

2 Intern

• 

18.8K Posts

March 12th, 2004 01:00

skippy22,

If you are using Windows XP you can find its name on the Desktop tab in Display Properties. It may be in My Pictures or C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper but in any case if it is being used as wallpaper on your system it is already stored somewhere on your hard disk.

16 Posts

March 12th, 2004 03:00

Thanks for the help guys but I was unable to find the picture

16 Posts

March 12th, 2004 03:00

I am at a different computer but I tried to set a picture on my camera as a background, then unplugged the camera and ran a search and it only showed a shortcut to that picture...the actual picture is not on my computer anywhere. I believe this is the same as on the other computer.

March 12th, 2004 05:00

Is the picture you wish to use stored on you camera?  If so, then just copy the image to your windows or another location on the harddrive and use the desktop properties/background to browse to the location you upload the image from your camera to.  If you're using the camera as just a pass through, without saving the image in the camera, you could do a print screen, after checking "hide desktop icons" in display properties. then paste the image into your photo program, crop and save to a location . Then go back to desktop properties, background..and browse to the location you saved the cropped image to.

MW

PS- if you want to save or print it, just go to the location and send file to either printer or your writable cdrw folder.

Message Edited by magikilwizard on 03-12-2004 02:48 AM

No Events found!