Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 21st, 2013 20:00

HELP WITH MY STUDIO ONE ALL IN ONE!!!!!!!!!!

I am having some trouble with my Dell Studio One All-in-One.  A few days ago I woke up my computer from sleep mode and my desktop was just blinking on and off.  I could still move my mouse around (I had to do it quickly because I could only see for about a second until it went off).  I was able to do a shut down and restart.  It worked great once I re started it.  It has done this four times in the past few days and I'm not sure what is going on.  I ran the diagnostics on my computer from the Dell website and it passed everything except for one hardware test (it timed out) and it couldn't test my touch screen (because when I installed Windows 8 it disabled my touch screen for some reason...another reason I hate Windows 8)!!  I also ran my McAfee to see if I had a virus but it found none.  I'm not sure why my computer is doing this but I could use your expertise!!

Also...one more small issue.  Every couple of months I will notice that it says my virus protection is expired.  It took me a while to figure this out until one day I saw that the date on my computer was set to year 3517.  No clue how this happens since I couldn't manually set my date to 3517 if I tried.  Do you know what causes this so randomly?  It's not a big deal, I just reset it when I discover it, but I think it's a glitch in my computer because it has done it since I got the computer.

Thanks for your help!!!

Sandra Stevens!!

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

July 22nd, 2013 00:00

Hi Sandra,

I appreciate for the trouble shooting steps tried to resolve the issue. Please update BIOS and video driver from the link given below:

http://dell.to/QjjZDA

Click on the link above and enter the system service tag, click submit and select the Operating system from the dropdown list to get the drivers for your computer. Restart the system after the drivers update.

In case you are finding difficulty in getting the drivers, let me now the system model (E.g. Inspiron one 2320) and the Operating system.

July 22nd, 2013 12:00

I have Windows 8 and that isn't an option in the Operating System drop down box.  What do I do?

July 22nd, 2013 12:00

Also, it's a Dell Studio One All-In-One

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

July 24th, 2013 00:00

Hi Sandra Stevens,

If Dell has tested your system model with Windows 7 Operating system, Windows 7 will be listed in the drop down list.

I understand the system is all in one. I would like to know the system model of Studio all in one. Is it Studio Desktop, Studio one 19, studio slim or studio hybrid.

July 25th, 2013 18:00

Ok, it's a Studio One 19 and I'm not sure what you mean about Dell testing my system with Windows 7??  I am currently running Windows 8 but it's not an option.  Should I just check Windows 7 64Bit?

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

July 26th, 2013 01:00

Hi  Sandra Stevens.

Dell has not tested Windows 8 Operating system on this system. However you may try installing the Windows 7 Video driver in the compatibility mode. Follow the steps given in the link below for instruction:

Download the driver and double click on the file and extract it on the desktop in a folder. Look for setup file in the extracted folder. Right click ‘.exe’ file and click ‘Properties’. Click “install in compatibility mode’. Click on Application and select ‘Troubleshoot Compatibility’. Next, click on ‘Troubleshoot Program’. Click on Program worked in earlier versions of Windows. Click on ‘Windows 7’.Click on ‘Start the Program’. Do not hit ‘Next’ until the installation completes. Once the installation completes, click on ‘Next’.

In case you find difficulty in getting the driver, go to Device manager and check the type of video card, it will be listed under Network Adapters.

Let me know if this helps.

No Events found!