Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

FS

February 29th, 2008 09:00

Hard drive Optiplex GX150

Hi,

Last week a harddrive on a Optiplex gx150 failed. I got I new one and installed Windows etc.. (on an other computer)

I now try to install this new harddrive in the gx150. As soon as normaly the windows xp screen comes up he now shows a blue error screen very short. After that he reboots again.

In the bios i saw that on Primary drive 0 is the correct serial number and size of the harddrive...

I also tried also harddrives but those give the same problem...

9.4K Posts

February 29th, 2008 11:00

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what you have described it sounds like you use another computer to install Windows XP on the hard drive and then transferred the hard drive to your GX150.  If that is correct then it will not work. During the installation of Windows XP it basically inventories the hardware of the system it is installed on.  When the hard drive is then installed in another system, Windows XP will detect too many discrepancies in the hardware configuration and will cease to operate.   What you need to do is re-install Windows XP on the hard drive while it is in your GX150.

9 Posts

February 29th, 2008 11:00

Ok,   that was in my mind also.

I'm now installing XP with the drive in the correct computer, seems that everything goes OK (setup is running from hd)

thnx anyway!
No Events found!