Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 10th, 2009 21:00

Has anyone taken delivery of the New Studio XPS 435/8000/9000?

I have one on order with the delivery date of 4/1/09.  If anyone has been shipped theirs and had time to put it through it's paces, please comment on what you think. If not please post your expected ship dates so we will know who will be the first to comment!

Thanks!

452 Posts

April 1st, 2009 14:00

TomCat,

Want to verify you had to go to the Intel website for this Matrix update?

Could you please post the link?

Thanks!

212 Posts

April 1st, 2009 15:00

I just checked the stats for this thread and it had 16,612 views!

What it didnt say was that 14,856 views traced back to your machine.... heh.

Actually, there is some really good information buried amidst the " Are we there yet" posts.    Dell's forum is so clunky you would have to be a glutton for punishment to wade through every page to find the gems buried in the mix.   Wish they used some stock forum software.   I'm afraid that 435 owners might miss the relevant info.   Lastly, really hoping this thread doesn't damage Dell's credibility more then they deserve.  In the old days,  it would just be a simple " customer run on a good thing so shipping is delayed" thing.

- kh

452 Posts

April 1st, 2009 16:00

iVol,

Love your humor! May you keep the conficker from botting your new toy!

I do agree, very good info.

As soon as I get mine, I'm hoping to post all the links for the updates!

In a new thread of course!

452 Posts

April 1st, 2009 19:00

Latest news according to Dell CS:

920 processors and Blu-ray drives on backorder 1 wk delay...

64 Posts

April 1st, 2009 20:00

TomCat,

Want to verify you had to go to the Intel website for this Matrix update?

Could you please post the link?

Thanks!

Here are some of the requested links:

TomCat

452 Posts

April 1st, 2009 22:00

TomCat,

Great post, thanks again!  :emotion-21:

10 Posts

April 2nd, 2009 00:00

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

OK.  Connected my Dell 2408 monitor and booted it up.  Kinda loud upon boot up but then turns whisper quiet.  This is definitely a quiet machine when just idling.  However I did notice that both the PSU fan and the graphics card fan blew very warm air out the back of the case.  The graphics card was very very warm.  I got the 4870.  The case is also full size.  I like the colours but its a personal taste thing I suppose.

Speed:  so far i've noticed this is a very very fast machine.  Very quick power up from a cold start.  Also opening up Excel and Word were almost instanenous!  I haven't tried any games or video/photo editing yet.  I spent most of the evening just updating Windows Vista and Office. 

How do i check my BIOS version as well as graphics driver versions?  I'd like to update those tomorrow if required.  

I'll report more on performance once I load more programs onto it but so far I love it!

212 Posts

April 2nd, 2009 03:00

How do i check my BIOS version as well as graphics driver versions?

The Core i7 machine is blazing fast, especially when optimized.  It's a pleasure to use on so many levels.  It's going to be blowing very warm air, however so get use to that as the CPU and GPU are putting out quite a bit of heat.

Several ways to get to your System Information. For the basic, one of the easiest ways when you get a new machine is just vist the WELCOME CENTER under START, and click See more details (also START and right click on COMPUTER, selecting PROPERTIES).  That gives the basics and areas of interest like the Windows Performance Index.

But for the most specifics and component level detail, proceed to:

START 
-> All Programs  ->  Accessories  -> System Tools  -> System Information

Here you see your detailed info at right including BIOS version etc.   You can go to your each of your Components in the left pane and see details to right.

Many prefer to visit Dell for the System Updates (I prefer going directly to source for the most part).  See the two relevant links below:

-kh

10 Posts

April 2nd, 2009 10:00

Thank you!:emotion-21:

Studio XPS 435T 

Ordered 02/27/09

Est. Delivery 04/17/09

3 Delays:emotion-7:

It's been in the "Boxing" stage for 2 Delays or 2 weeks....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:emotion-43:

Debra Louise

37 Posts

April 2nd, 2009 10:00

For anyone who may interested, Dell will have the 435T on sale tomorrow during their "XPS Spring Savings Event." Typically during these sales the discounts range from 25 to 32 percent off. Hard to tell what the discount may be on this since it is a new system. To get to the event page, link to it from Dell.com.

70 Posts

April 2nd, 2009 11:00

After being in the 'Testing' phase for 11 days ----- I'm now in the 'Boxing' phase!

:emotion-2:    

452 Posts

April 2nd, 2009 11:00

AngiKay,

I'll bet it ships tonite! Great news! :emotion-21:

452 Posts

April 2nd, 2009 13:00

For anyone who may interested, Dell will have the 435T on sale tomorrow during their "XPS Spring Savings Event." Typically during these sales the discounts range from 25 to 32 percent off. Hard to tell what the discount may be on this since it is a new system. To get to the event page, link to it from Dell.com.

For all the 435MT buyers (and the 435T buyers who didn't get the discount) who are still waiting, this may be something to check out!

Remember the order cancel line is 1-800-247-2076 option #2

64 Posts

April 2nd, 2009 13:00

I know the XPS 435 was never meant to be an overclocker's delight, but if you would like to experience true motherboard envy, take take a look at the Intel® Desktop Control Center. This little gem of a software tool is available for users of the Intel® Extreme Series Desktop motherboards.

I'm still hoping that Dell will just give us a BIOS that lets us change the Core i7 memory multipliers to something other than 6 or 8. It would be nice to be able to use memory that is faster than 1067 MHz. I'd love to get that BIOS in my Christmas stocking.

TomCat

91 Posts

April 2nd, 2009 16:00

I'm still a little confused as to whether the 435T is loud or not. I've been set on ordering one but there aren't many reviews out there and the few that I came across all complained about how loud it is. Yet from the people here who have them they said otherwise.

I'm very sensitive to noise and was even considering buying the HP Firebird 803 (yeah I know, it's super over priced for the performance) and I really like the specs on the 435T but I just wish I can see one in person.

How loud is it? Do the fans vary a lot in speed/noise depending on the work being done? I don't plan to game on it, mainly photoshop work and the occasional video editing but will be multi-tasking a lot.

No Events found!