Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 10th, 2009 21:00

Has anyone taken delivery of the New Studio XPS 435/8000/9000?

I have one on order with the delivery date of 4/1/09.  If anyone has been shipped theirs and had time to put it through it's paces, please comment on what you think. If not please post your expected ship dates so we will know who will be the first to comment!

Thanks!

37 Posts

April 16th, 2009 17:00

My 435T ordered on 4/5 shipped today with a delivery by FedEx home on Saturday.

April 16th, 2009 18:00

I placed my order for the 435MT on 3/22 and just found out (by calling 800 status #) that my computer has been shipped.  I have 2 tracking #'s for FedEx as it is being shipped in 2 boxes.  Delivery date on FedEx is 4/22.  Deliver date on Dell Order Page is 4/23.

29 Posts

April 16th, 2009 19:00

lucky guy... I bought two 435 MT's on 3/22 and it was suppose to ship today, but today found out it was delayed untill 4/27

I placed my order for the 435MT on 3/22 and just found out (by calling 800 status #) that my computer has been shipped.  I have 2 tracking #'s for FedEx as it is being shipped in 2 boxes.  Delivery date on FedEx is 4/22.  Deliver date on Dell Order Page is 4/23.

Playback,

Run the tracking number at the carrier (I assume FedEx) and I'll bet you will see it will arrive sooner!

Yes, that's what I did and there they had it one day sooner (4/22/09) as opposed to 4/23/09 on the Dell Order page.

I just checked the FedEx page again and now it shows that it is being shipped from Winston-Salem, North Carolina and now shows an estimated delivery date of 4/21/09.  One day sooner than it previously showed.

I got the free 3-5 business days delivery.

452 Posts

Playback,

Run the tracking number at the carrier (I assume FedEx) and I'll bet you will see it will arrive sooner!

April 16th, 2009 20:00

Not sure if my call to the order line made a difference, but the rep did put me on hold and said he personally put in an order to have it shipped today or tomorrow.

36 Posts

April 17th, 2009 05:00

Ok. I called the 800 order status # and was happy to finally here something other than "... is currently in the Build Stage..."  It said the computer was in the Testing Stage.

I was glad to hear that, but then I checked the online status page and it showed this..

Estimated Delivery Date: 4/30/2009 (updated)

Original Delivery Date was 4/23/2009      ---- No Delay Email or communication from Dell received. ----

I hope it still ships today as it is supposed to.

My (435T) order was supposed to ship today with an Estimated Delivery Date of 4/24, but they just now updated the online order status page to give it an Estimated Delivery Date of 5/1. Plus, the automated order status phone number still says that I'm in the Build Stage. :emotion-6: Any advice on who to call/what to do now, or do I have to wait until I get lucky with the automated order status phone number?

19 Posts

April 17th, 2009 06:00

Hey there frustrated 435MT orderers -

My system, ordered on 2/10, arrived on 4/15.  I've set it up and am extremely happy with everything so far. the 24" monitor is so much larger than my last one, it's really taking some time for me to adjust to it.  Playing WoW on the new Ultra high video settings is a cinch, 60 fps and so fluid it's incredible.  Only wish I would have added the all-in-one media card reader for one of the bays.  Hang in there boys and girls, it's coming.

P.S.  not impressed with the wireless keyboard and mouse. Very very lightweight. I bought the Logitech G15 and G5 keyboard and mouse yesterday.

April 17th, 2009 06:00

* removed *

52 Posts

April 17th, 2009 07:00

My (435T) order was supposed to ship today with an Estimated Delivery Date of 4/24, but they just now updated the online order status page to give it an Estimated Delivery Date of 5/1. Plus, the automated order status phone number still says that I'm in the Build Stage. :emotion-6: Any advice on who to call/what to do now, or do I have to wait until I get lucky with the automated order status phone number?

Welcome to the dreaded wait... :emotion-8:

The "Build" is the system default stage - i.e. it could mean that your system is actually being built - but more likely your system is currently waiting on parts.  *Usually* the system, once everything is received to complete the build, will be built within 1-2 days and shipped.  Also, *usually*, when your system is finally shipped - it'll be shipped well ahead of the reported "expected or estimated" delivery date.

The only exception to this rule (that I've seen on this thread so far) - is poor Angikay's order - which appears to be waiting on the boxes to be shipped to the plant so that they can finish boxing her order.. :emotion-4:

70 Posts

April 17th, 2009 08:00

The only exception to this rule (that I've seen on this thread so far) - is poor Angikay's order - which appears to be waiting on the boxes to be shipped to the plant so that they can finish boxing her order.. :emotion-4:

Too funny jsgiv - yes, it seems they decide to make their own boxes homemade - and who knew it'd take 2 weeks to make cardboard boxes - just joking!!

Well, for all those with orders ---- it's very inconsistent on how quickly your system will make it through its various stages.....mine got through kitting and build very quickly (after being in the 'default' build stage for many weeks) ---- then it spent close to 2 weeks in 'testing'......and now 2 weeks in 'boxing'.  Other's have had their systems whip through those stages in a matter of hours......very inconsistent - so try not to get your hopes up - or you may end up very frustrated.....(I've been trying not to - but know I've been failing lately)

However!!! I did call the automated line this morning - and it now says that its 'Being Prepared for shipment'.

So......I'm not going to get my hopes up ---- I fully expect it to remain in 'Being Prepared for shipment' for at LEAST 2 weeks......:emotion-5:

4 Posts

April 17th, 2009 09:00

PowerForward,

Thanks so much for posting that.  Since you ordered an MT just 2 days before me, I have real hopes that they'll make the committed dates.

Enjoy your system!

41 Posts

April 17th, 2009 09:00

Glad to hear all the good news for the 435T buyers but not hearing about the 435MT.  Anyone getting ship dates on those? 

I ordered 3/25 with a ship date of 4/20.  Phone Status says in "Build" with expected ship of 4/21.  Given all the delays, and the T shipments, continue to be concerned they will miss this.

Just found out this fine Friday morning that my 435MT shipped yesterday.  And just when I was expecting my first email delay to arrive in my inbox!

Even the speakers I ordered separately had 2 email delays, so I guess I got away lucky with the computer. Of course it went from "In Production" to "Shipped" with no in-between, but that's the way it seems to work up here all the time anyway.  No details on delivery date though, that should be coming shortly.

17 Posts

April 17th, 2009 11:00

For example, my original shipping date was today; however, without any notice from Dell, the website automatically bumped that date up another week (5/1) since it's still labeled as being "In Production".  Not that I'm expecting my computer to actually ship on-time (I'm not that naive), but it's quite obvious that these shipping dates are completely meaningless and aren't reliable whatsoever.  For all I know, it could still ship today, but being that the threshold has been reached, Dell's computers automatically bumped the date up one week.

Again, this may be an obvious observation, but this may help explain to everyone why there is so much confusion and why the estimated dates are completely non-related to when they may actually ship out.

...the anticipation is palpable.

Mine was scheduled to be delivered on 4/24, which I would assume meant a shipping date of today.  This morning, like you, my delivery date changed to 5/1.  The 800 status number still lists it as being in the "Build" stage.

So I called customer service and asked what was the reason for the delay.  The service rep in India said that she saw that the order was "moving quickly through the system."  I explained again that the estimated shipping date had changed overnight, and I was curious to know the specific reason for the delay.  She said that it was probably because it was a new and popular model, and they were having probably difficulty meeting demand for all the parts.

In other words, no, she couldn't tell me the specific reason for the delay.  She just kept repeating that the order is "moving quickly through the system."

So very not helpful.

31 Posts

April 17th, 2009 11:00

The service rep in India said that she saw that the order was "moving quickly through the system."  

I wonder if they use a slanted font or an audio "Neep Neep"  to connote that?

If these machine are assembled overseas maybe the delays are due more to shipping, clearing customs, and unloading containers than an actual parts shortage.  It would account for a surge of orders showing up or orders suddenly shipping before the estimated dates.

No Events found!