Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 10th, 2009 21:00

Has anyone taken delivery of the New Studio XPS 435/8000/9000?

I have one on order with the delivery date of 4/1/09.  If anyone has been shipped theirs and had time to put it through it's paces, please comment on what you think. If not please post your expected ship dates so we will know who will be the first to comment!

Thanks!

452 Posts

April 22nd, 2009 08:00

As you know everytime you stop and start the camera it creates a new .mts file. Can I import all the files, merge them and burn to DVD as one file?

April 22nd, 2009 10:00

* removed *

212 Posts

April 22nd, 2009 11:00

We're just posting all this irrelevant info to lure you back to the thread!

Actually, it was the RELEVANT info that got me back in, hence the wish for the inclusion of all  relevant 435 info in a thread that wouldnt require some poor jackdaw to wade through 901 different ways to spell redundant.   

452 Posts

April 22nd, 2009 12:00

ERROR, posted twice!!

452 Posts

April 22nd, 2009 12:00

Woohoo!  My 435T has finally shipped!  It went from the "Build" stage straight to "Shipped".

I originally ordered on 3/26 and it's currently set to arrive this Friday.  Hopefully everyone who ordered prior to 3/26 has already gotten theirs shipped at well.

Leroy,

Congrats!

Be prepared to do a lot of protective film removal! Take your time with the updates (I downloaded them one at a time) and you'll be amazed and happy you ordered and didn't cancel

89 Posts

April 22nd, 2009 13:00

Mine went BACKWARDS! Nice job Dell!

When I called a week ago, it was in "Build" stage, today it's in "Pre-production".

Again, you just can't take those status indicators seriously, it's a JOKE of a process you have, Dell!

Although, on the website status, it had always been in Pre-production and in production all along (split into 2 orders - system, and mouse & keyboard)

23 Posts

April 22nd, 2009 13:00

Actually, it was the RELEVANT info that got me back in, hence the wish for the inclusion of all  relevant 435 info in a thread that wouldnt require some poor jackdaw to wade through 901 different ways to spell redundant.   

Go start a new thread.

452 Posts

April 22nd, 2009 14:00

Hydrox,

That's great news! Be sure to post your initial thoughts/review of your system!

16 Posts

So, who to believe - my lyin' eyes or my lyin' ears.  

As I logged into the on-line status this morning, ... my status in now back "In Production" with an updated delivery date of 4/30 (it was 4/23 last night).  The automated phone line says  "we are currently preparing your order to be shipped."  I'll try both later.  Here's hoping two fork lifts didn't have a collision trying to get to the shipping dock too quickly.

While waiting patiently and without any prompting by me, My "resolution expert's" supervisor telephoned me this morning to let me know that they were both working on ensuring that my computer gets shipped today.  He said my order was now complete.  Sure enough I now have two fedex tracking numbers and an estimated delivery time/date to Lexington, MA by 3:00 p.m. tomorrow.

OK, 23 days from order placement to shipping.  Many have had much worse.  I'll report back before "graduating" to the "real" 435 forum threads.  I won't leave before all my March cohorts have their orders in hand.  Anybody out there?

Hydrox

212 Posts

Go start a new thread.

I personally don't need it but appreciate the sentiment.    I've already spent too much time trying to track down the one post of mine that checked  "email me replies to this post" to try to extracate myself from the 15 reminders a day of someone's order not arriving with a full list of everything they've ever ordered from Dell.   In a state of weakness, I linked into this place again.  But in all seriousness, there really IS some good info on the 435 here, some info that might help someone if only it were easier to find.  Perhaps my biggest complaint today with Dell is the fact they chose some of the worst forum software I've ever encountered.  The 435MT has been great.

24 Posts

What exactly do you consider relevant? The Boeing gentleman who got the skinny from his dedicated corporate sales rep. is the closest to a believable reason for the delay I've seen. No Dell production line managers in here, so guestimates for the delay and people sharing their order / spec / esd info is all a reasonable person would expect to find.

FYI I spoke with a person in Sales today in the hopes we could have an unscripted conversation. James stated he was aware of "an issue with one vendor two weeks ago, which we can't control" that could have caused delays. According to him it's been resolved and new 435 orders have more normal build times. He said he was not sure which vendor / system component was the cause of the delay.

April 22nd, 2009 15:00

Greetings All,

This is my second post since the thread started or when I placed my order, whichever came first. Glad you guys are getting your computers delivered. I ordered on 4/7/09 and have an estimated ship date of 5/1/09. I called the automated number today to check on my order and they say that it has gone into the "kitting" stage. I hope that is good news .... or are they just "kidding"???

17 Posts

[quote user="jjon90"]We're just posting all this irrelevant info to lure you back to the thread!

[/quote]

Look at the title of the thread: "Has anyone taken delivery of the New Studio XPS 435?"

Look at the post that started this thread: "If anyone has been shipped theirs and had time to put it through it's paces, please comment on what you think. If not please post your expected ship dates so we will know who will be the first to comment!"

Saying repeatedly that people's posts about their estimated delivery dates and delays are not RELEVANT is really not a terribly supportable argument.  They are direct replies to one of the questions that started the thread.

Perhaps you mean that these postings are not relevant to your expectations, or not relevant to the information you seek.  But perhaps that doesn't mean that people need to be chided for posting their delivery information, just that you're looking in the wrong place.

Relevant info:  I checked again.  My 435T that was originally scheduled to ship last Friday is still in the "Build" stage.  [Sigh]

212 Posts

Why not take in the point of my post, namely, that there is RELEVANT technical information concerning the operation of the 435T and MT buried in the midst of this 60 page thread, and it's a shame that it will be near impossible to find because of the construct of this forum software.  I wasnt chiding anyone specifically, except now. 

17 Posts

April 22nd, 2009 16:00

Why not take in the point of my post, namely, that there is RELEVANT technical information concerning the operation of the 435T and MT buried in the midst of this 60 page thread, and it's a shame that it will be near impossible to find because of the construct of this forum software.  I wasnt chiding anyone specifically, except now. 

When you use ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, that's usually interpreted to mean that you're SHOUTING.  So when you REPEATEDLY emphasize the word, "RELEVANT," by capitalizing it, you are saying that that is the MOST IMPORTANT WORD in your sentence, and people will say that you sound like you're COMPLAINING about information that you do not consider RELEVANT.  If it's not that important, and if you're not shouting, don't capitalize the word every time you use it.

No Events found!