Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 7th, 2009 13:00

Have problem with Optiplex GX260 Multimedia Audio Controller HELP?? Starting College Soon.

:emotion-18:My Bro & Sis-in-law gave me a GX260 she was given from her work, to use for an On-Line Degree, as I am now disabled. Everything worked fine at first except when I had At&t hooked up I had numerous ethernet connection issues. I let them take control of the pc. Now I have that lovely yellow question mark by the multimedia audio controller & ethernet controller. There is windows 2000 (not using) & Windows XP Pro (using) installed. I need HELP!

3 Apprentice

• 

2.6K Posts

February 7th, 2009 15:00

Well, who knows what they did to it, but you can at least try reinstalling the drivers:

All the original drivers for the GX260 are linked below.  For Audio, try downloading and installing the Analog Devices driver (under Audio).

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&ServiceTag=&SystemID=PLX_PNT_P4_GX260&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=

Ethernet, though, depends on what's actually installed in there.  There's tons of stuff listed under Network, but after weeding out the wireless cards and various utilities there's only 3 actual ethernet drivers - a 3COM and a couple of Intel.

Try entering the computer's service tag at the top of the page and see if it narrows the choices down.  If it doesn't, you'll have to use the System Configuration utility to figure out which one you need.  It can be cryptic, so if you need help you can post the results and I'll try to help sort it out. (DON'T post the service tag itself - forum rules don't allow it).

March 15th, 2012 19:00

That does not work for me.  Multimedia audio controller is not on the list.  What do I do??

David

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 16th, 2012 04:00

The "Multimedia Audio Controller" is not a separate download, it's part of the basic sound drivers and in this case the Analog Devices sound driver.

March 16th, 2012 12:00

Sweet!  How do I get it.  I can't find it on the download page

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 19th, 2012 07:00

HERE is the audio driver for XP

No Events found!