Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 21st, 2009 19:00

Help With Dell Studio One 1909 FOXCONN ACPI BIOS SIMULATOR HELP.

Hi

I work in a college, we recently purchased a bunch of these all in one's. We still use Windows Xp, that is our college standard for now. I can't seem to find a driver for the FOXCONN ACPI BIOS SIMULATOR

Has Anyone else put XP on there Dell Studio One 1909 In the device manager it says UNKNOWN DEVICE.

Any help would be appreciated.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

July 6th, 2016 11:00

This 2009 thread has been locked due to it's age, if you have a similar issue, please use the 'New Post' feature at the top of this page and start a new thread.

Bev.

1 Message

July 6th, 2016 11:00

It's for the eject button.

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

July 22nd, 2009 16:00

Anyone?

1 Message

August 13th, 2009 07:00

Hi Clivebuckwheat,

I've got xp up & running on a studio one 19. The FOXCONN ACPI BIOS SIMULATOR driver you're looking for is something called OSD.

However, I don't know what OSD is! On Vista, it doesn't seem to do anything.

In fact, I've called Dell tech support (on vista), asking what the OSD software is and what it does, and they didn't know. The OSD software is installed in C:\Program Files\Dell\OSD, and based on the file names, (mute.bmp, brightness.bmp, volume.bmp), I would guess it's some kind of program to have an on-screen display to adjust the brightness, contrast, etc. A normal monitor has buttons for these things, but the all-in-one studio one 19 doesn't have any physical buttons for that, so it would make sense to have a program to do the same thing.

However, I can't figure out how to use the OSD software. There is no mention of it in the manuals. Further, on XP, the system seems to work just fine without the OSD/FOXCONN ACPI BIOS SIMULATOR driver.

Clive, were you able to install XP using the nvidia AHCI drivers? I've tried repeatedly without success - I had to install XP by switching the hard disk to IDE mode.

August 16th, 2009 05:00

Where did you find the OSD driver for xp to use on these machines, can I have the link?

To answer your question no I also changed it from AHCI TO IDE Mode

No Events found!