Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 17th, 2013 10:00

Help w/ downloading images from camera.

I have bought two card readers and both stopped working after a while. What am I doing wrong..or is it the card reader that is'nt any good?

I bought Kodak for sd cards. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

March 18th, 2013 00:00

Hi Clueless_03,

I would need some more information on this issue.

May I know the exact system model number and the operating system installed on your computer.
Is there a card reader slot on your computer or you bought separate card reader?
Since when you are facing this issue?
Were you able to use the card reader?

Please reply so that I can assist you further.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 18th, 2013 08:00

Not properly shutting down and ejecting can corrupt card MEDIA.  Card readers should only be used on ACTIVE WALL POWERED USB Hub.  The card readers, Camera, and Media are not Dell products and Not supported here. SDXC media requires an additional driver.

In case that you are using Windows XP, you computer will need an update to download the files from SDXC cards, because XP does not recognise the exFAT file system otherwise. Here is the llink:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=19364

sdhc has similar "issues"

The 923293 hotfix adds support for SD High Capacity memory cards ...

March 18th, 2013 08:00

My system is a Dell Demension 2400 and I use Windows XP..I have bought three card readers and they all have worked for a short time then just quit. I believe it must be a software glich. Photograghy is a hobby of mine and I like to share with other ppl on the web. Thanks for any help.

No Events found!