Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 13th, 2009 03:00

Hi all Dell dimension c521

Hello

My current desktop (dell dimension c521) is currently having some problems every time i turn it on it has a yellow light instead of a green light this has been happening for some time now but i used to give it a few turn on and off`s when it was yellow and it would go green but now it just stays yellow and of course im no computer technician :( the computer screen simply stays black and does not show anything.

so unfortunatley i have to ask you guys for help i appreciate anytime spent on my post.

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 13th, 2009 07:00

banksy101,

Solid Amber System Light = A pre-POST failure has occurred. The system has received a Power Good signal from the power supply. What color are the Diagnostic Lights?

2 Posts

July 13th, 2009 11:00

Thank you for your reply my light is a solid amber it did turn amber when my house electric went out so therefore leading to the conclusion that there is something wrong with the power supply in my computer is this a cheap process to get fixed if that is the problem (i live in the uk)

What color are the Diagnostic Lights?

and they are all amber

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 14th, 2009 09:00

The 1234 Diagnostic lights are either on green or off, not amber?

1 Message

January 11th, 2012 23:00

solid amber light fan running high but nothing comes up on monitor but some kind of sleep

No Events found!