Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

February 23rd, 2004 16:00

How can I make a formal complaint???

I spent FOUR hours trying to get support last week. Does anybody have an email address that I can make A FORMAL COmplaint?

Heck I sent a message to Customer Care and got a confirmation email from someone at Dell. Tried to reply and the message was returned. What a deal! A Customer Support rep that can't be contacted.

Right now I'm not recommending Dell Computers to friends or clients.

I've been logged on to Dell CHAT for over 20 minutes with NO response.

My impression is that Dell provides NO support. Is this true?

579 Posts

February 23rd, 2004 16:00

Have you tried explaining your problem on any of the forums here  (one that applies) also list your computer , OS etc. and any thing you have tried and the results. Many bright people hang out at these forums!

Good Luck

1.9K Posts

February 23rd, 2004 17:00

Last three times I've had to call, someone picked up the phone within 5 mins.

What exactly (specifically) is the problem?

194 Posts

February 23rd, 2004 19:00

Making a call to DELL tech support is an experience. They appear to be in a transistion with the India/USA bit. At worst it's an experience you never ever want to repeat. At best it's a joy! Maybe Michael Dell should call tech support instead of manning the tech support phone at times. Most emails from contacting DELL are posted all over with a 'do not respond to this message'; and yes their getting back to you seems to drop off the edge of the world these days. Aren't 'love hate' relationships just wonderful?

70 Posts

February 23rd, 2004 20:00

"I spent FOUR hours trying to get support last week. Does anybody have an email address that I can make A FORMAL COmplaint?"

its been nearly 4 hours and several repsonses to your post and nothing! how can you talk about dell when you wont respond?

317 Posts

February 23rd, 2004 21:00

One of the Customer Service forums would be more likely to have this information; this particular forum has very knowledgeable people to help with hardware issues, but few in here try contacting Dell directly.

You could also try contacting your local Better Business Bureau, or see if you can locate contact information for your State Attorney General's office.

70 Posts

February 24th, 2004 12:00

"You could also try contacting your local Better Business Bureau, or see if you can locate contact information for your State Attorney General's office."

yeah...call your AG'S office and ask them how to replace your hard drive.... 

317 Posts

February 24th, 2004 14:00

RTD2,

He asked where to file a formal complaint, not how to deal with a hardware issue.  I answered the question he asked.  If he asked questions on the hard drive, I would've given advice accordingly.

Message Edited by Jason98036 on 02-24-2004 08:45 AM

February 24th, 2004 15:00

So far no luck. I did have a Dell rep remove my request for Michael Dell's email address. I guess they keep the leader of Evil Empire cloaked.

IWant to see how things at Dell are? Look at PlanetFeedback...

There is apparently NO way to file formal written complaints with Dell.

February 24th, 2004 17:00

Well, nevergotsupport, why don't you try posting your specific complaint out here on the forum?  From the looks of this thread, several people have asked you what the problem is but you haven't specified. 

1 Rookie

• 

3.9K Posts

February 24th, 2004 22:00

What is the problem with your system?  If you are having a problem with cust care, use the cust care forum.

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board?board.id=cc_general

Message Edited by dageezerus on 02-24-2004 06:56 PM

February 25th, 2004 12:00

The problem is GETTING support.

The 800 number drops you into India, Manila,Agentinia, Canada etc. In one location the "support rep" couldn't hear me.... back into the queue.... another time I was put on hold BEFORE asking my question and heard a recorded message answering someone else's problem, not mine and disconnected, asking for a supervisor gets a response of NO supervisor available..... they will not give operator numbers to identify themselves so that a complaint can be made to DELL. I spent four hours TRYING to get help not getting help.

Dell support is a figment of someone's imagination. BTW I USED To get support for DELL servers so know that they USED to offer decent support. What they offer now is a chance to talk to people in other parts of the wortld who are not technically trained.

Is THAT specific enough??? 

317 Posts

February 25th, 2004 14:00

The other users on this forum can,quite likely, assist with your problem.  However, rather than ask about your technical problems with the computer, you give vague rants about a lack of support.  This is not news to anyone.  I gave you in a prior post suggested channels to use to file complaints about Dell support.  Now, if you would rather get actual useful information to help resolve your system problem, please tell us so we can see if anyone here can assist.

Message Edited by Jason98036 on 02-25-2004 08:57 AM

February 25th, 2004 14:00

No, that's not specific at all.  What was wrong with your system that you were calling about in the first place?

317 Posts

February 26th, 2004 00:00

Of course, had you asked in the forum, you could've likely resolved the problem much sooner.  I am glad that you found a solution to your problem; but others in this forum only wanted to help.  You refused it, and chose to suffer the Dell support route instead.  It was your choice not to seek other avenues of assistance. 

The users on this forum help each other with problems.  Feel free to look at any other thread to see the truth of this statement.  Yes, you should be able to get support from Dell; but the fact of the matter, as many here have already found, is that Dell support for home users is a worthless waste of time.

If you want to file a complaint, use the BBB or AG routes that I mentioned previously.  Rants in the board will not accomplish getting word to upper management.  Others here already know the problems, so your rant is not news to us.

Message Edited by Jason98036 on 02-25-2004 06:55 PM

February 26th, 2004 00:00

Unless you work for Dell, I'm not sure how you can help. I'm also not sure whether I paid for your support when I bought my Dell.

I started by calling technical support. Got India where the person could NOT understand my problem. Asked for Supervisor SHE was even worse. Asked for her supervisor and was left to dry on hold.

Called again. Got India. THis time I was left on hold where I heard a recorded message apparently in answer to someone else's question since I hadn't asked mine. Automatically disconnected.

Next called again. Got India AGAIN. This time they couldn't hear me. No way to clear signal disconnected.

THen I called sales......

Along the way I talked to Tennessee, India, Round Rock (John there TRIED TO get me support in Texas but always got India. Finally got Canada. THe tech there tried to help but couldn't resolve the issue. Called again through sales, got New England, transferred to technical support in Argentina, Manila, India. Finally got to Round Rock again where I asked rep to call me Monday. I'd been on the phone for nearly FOUR hours and was beat.

Talked to Round Rock Monday. She told me that I should NEVER have experienced the run arounds I described. Should have gotten to Round Rock. Of course she's never tried calling for support and her personal computer is not a Dell. I told her the answer to my problem that I had found on the Net that Dell staff shoul,d have known. Her supervisor was supposed to call me.

Now then, starting on Friday I ALSO was on another computer and asked for technical support through email. I'm still waiting for more than an autmated response. The CHAT lines with techs don't work.

I have the names of 15 Dell reps I talked to FOUR continents and 6 countries. I talked to more reps than those I mentioned. I got TWO supervisors when requested (one could not understand my problem and one couldn't hear me. I had reps who either could not or would not refer me to supervisors would not give me "identification numbers" for my documentation.

One rep (Argentina) started by sating he was going to take "personal responsibility" to resolve my issue and I specifically asked him to call me AFTER transferring me to another rep to see if I got the answers I needed. I've never heard from HIM.

Now then I've told you my tale of woe. I can ONLY tell people to never expect good support from Dell based on MY experience. Hard to believe that I used to give technical support. I "think" I did a better job than ANY help I got from Dell in the past week.

Of course I have a reply from a rep tonight that CLEARLY shows this person didn't understand the problem. But they did suggest I call the same 800 number that I'd spent four hours on.. Go figure.

No Events found!