Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 2nd, 2012 05:00

How do I know what sata 1,2 or 3

I would like to buy a new Solid State Harddrive for my Intel Desktop Board D945GCNL. How do I know which sata thingy to buy? How is anyone ment to know, shouldn't the details be on a site or on my computer?

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

October 2nd, 2012 12:00

That doesn't answer my question. Imagine this, I am on ebay, one drive says sata 3 another drive says sata 2 an another sata whateva? So which one do I buy or will they all work no matter what I plug in? Sata I, II, III?

Does not matter if they are SATA 1,2 or 3, they will all work. That 1,2,3, applies to the speed of the drive.

2 Posts

October 2nd, 2012 06:00

That doesn't answer my question. Imagine this, I am on ebay, one drive says sata 3 another drive says sata 2 an another sata whateva? So which one do I buy or will they all work no matter what I plug in? Sata I, II, III?

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

October 2nd, 2012 06:00

I would like to buy a new Solid State Harddrive for my Intel Desktop Board D945GCNL. How do I know which sata thingy to buy? How is anyone ment to know, shouldn't the details be on a site or on my computer?

Hi, What Dell model do you have. All SSD drives are SATA, like your current drive, if you have a near current PC. When you buy a SSD drive, you will get a caddie free with the drive, because the SSD drives are 2.5 inch. Connecting them up is no different, than connecting any SATA drive up.

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

May 18th, 2013 04:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.        

No Events found!