Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 23rd, 2014 14:00

How to Solve Left Single Click Becomes A Double Click

I have been noticing that a single left click on my Dell mouse will lead to a double left click result. I called the Dell support this morning. After telling my service tag three times and being transferred to another department twice, I learn that the warranty of my Vostro purchase has expired for two or three months. The support staff was kind enough to provide some suggestions such as to update drivers to resolve this problem. All of those don't help however. Before purchasing another mouse, I am wondering anything else I can do about this sealed mouse.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

October 23rd, 2014 18:00

Always include version of Windows in your posts.

For Win 7, type Folder Options on search line at bottom of Start menu.

When that new window opens, click General tab and make sure it's set to Double-click to open an item (single- click to select). Click OK back to desktop.

Other versions of Windows may be similar...

October 23rd, 2014 19:00

Thanks Ron for your information. I might not state my problem clearly in my question post. My mouse problem is that a single left click will have an effect of a double left click most of time. I have tested the problem with another mouse and it works as designed. So, the problem is the mouse, but nothing else. 

No Events found!