Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 20th, 2009 11:00

How to close the Vostro410 CD Bay Door

I have always been impressed with Dell cabinet design. My old Dimension 4400 was a design marvel. I just bought a Vostro410 and am assuming I am missing something. The issue: I push the CD drive button to cause the bay door to drop and have the CD-ROM tray extend out. I drop in the CD but can't access the drive button to cause the tray to retract and close the bay door. It seems I have to push on the extended tray which eventually causes the closing procedure to take place. This seams very unlike any Dell design I've encountered which is why I'm writing this post. I am sure there is something I'm missing, and hope someone will fill me in. THANKS in advance.

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

February 20th, 2009 11:00

Hi TroutusaDavid, Thats what your supposed to do. All the cd/dvd drives I have had in the past, and includes this one, I have to give an gentle push to get the draw to close. If fact, the instructions that came with my drive tells me to push the draw to close it.

12 Posts

December 28th, 2009 05:00

It's a silly design actually imo. I would prefer it not to have the flaps that come down.

1 Message

December 28th, 2009 06:00

Not what you would expect from Dell.

No Events found!