TroutusaDavid
1 Nickel

How to close the Vostro410 CD Bay Door

Jump to solution

I have always been impressed with Dell cabinet design. My old Dimension 4400 was a design marvel. I just bought a Vostro410 and am assuming I am missing something. The issue: I push the CD drive button to cause the bay door to drop and have the CD-ROM tray extend out. I drop in the CD but can't access the drive button to cause the tray to retract and close the bay door. It seems I have to push on the extended tray which eventually causes the closing procedure to take place. This seams very unlike any Dell design I've encountered which is why I'm writing this post. I am sure there is something I'm missing, and hope someone will fill me in. THANKS in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobinBredin
4 Ruthenium

Re: How to close the Vostro410 CD Bay Door

Jump to solution

Hi TroutusaDavid, Thats what your supposed to do. All the cd/dvd drives I have had in the past, and includes this one, I have to give an gentle push to get the draw to close. If fact, the instructions that came with my drive tells me to push the draw to close it.

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.

3 Replies
RobinBredin
4 Ruthenium

Jump to solution

Hi TroutusaDavid, Thats what your supposed to do. All the cd/dvd drives I have had in the past, and includes this one, I have to give an gentle push to get the draw to close. If fact, the instructions that came with my drive tells me to push the draw to close it.

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.

mccririck
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

It's a silly design actually imo. I would prefer it not to have the flaps that come down.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
troutusa1962
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Not what you would expect from Dell.

0 Kudos