Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 7th, 2009 18:00

How to connect my Dimension 1100 to my TV

I'm trying to connect my 1100 to my tv.  everything is standard, nothing extra or fancy.  i have a connector that is the same as the monitor  multi pin with an svideo connection to the tv.  is there a software change i need to make or do i need a new video card?  my laptop will connect through the svideo so it's not an issue with my television,  it's an issue with my desktop. 

2 Posts

April 8th, 2009 04:00

it's an old school RCA tv,  having svideo and a RGB connection were both pretty new when i purchased it.  that counts out the DVI or VGA connection.  the only problem with your solution is that when i hook up to the tv i no longer have a working monitor on my computer.  do you think i can change my output device before rebooting and connecting to the Tv or will the computer not recognize the option to connect to the tv since it physically won't be connected 

4.6K Posts

April 8th, 2009 04:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

Assuming your TV has a VGA connection of course, why not use the DVI or VGA ports on your graphics card, instead of using S-Video?

To activate TV Out:

Connect whatever cable you're using to both the computer and the TV, then reboot your system.

Once it's rebooted, open your graphics card's display options, and click on the video card's TV (/Output Device) tab.
Click Settings --> Advanced --> TV (/Output Device), and choose 'Enable output to TV'.
Different brands of video cards may have slightly different wording of course - i.e. 'Output Device/TV'.

(Restore the display back to your computer monitor by following the above steps, except choose to send the signal to the computer monitor instead of the TV.)

Make sure you've got the latest graphics drivers installed as well of course :emotion-5:

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

April 8th, 2009 05:00

when i hook up to the tv i no longer have a working monitor on my computer

Hi djones0526, If you want to run your monitor as well as your tv, then you will need this HERE. As for your controls your tv manual will have info on your output settings.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

April 8th, 2009 06:00

The Dell B110 aka Dimension 1100 doesnt have TV Out.  It has PS2 ports, Audio, 4 USB, LAN, Serial Port and INTEL VGA video.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim1100/1100_B110/

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

That said I would get a scan converter for Old TV.

It handles the monitor problem by doing VGA Pass Thru

StarTech.com's VGA2NTSCPRO Professional VGA to NTSC/PAL TV Converter is a hardware solution computer to video converter. The VGA2NTSCPRO accepts graphic data from a PC (VGA) signal and coverts them into composite, S-Video and RGB analog. It provides the video quality and avoids the problem of 'noise'. It has Plug and Play pure hardware design that automatically detects the scan rate and resolution of the incoming graphic signals without the use of software.

Manufacturer Part# : VGA2NTSCPRO
Dell Part# : A0289448

A new TV with VGA input will give a better picture of course.

No Events found!