Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 30th, 2013 18:00

How to make HDMI sound output for I660

Hello,

I bought I660-6038BK. (http://goo.gl/gqO8gf

The picture on the page for the real view displays two hdmi output, one from the board with VGA and one from the board with DVI.

But, when I open the box, the board with DVI doesn't exist! 
And 'Digital Output Device (HDMI)' doesn't appear on Sound Property. It has only 'Speakers conexant smartAudio HD'.

My main purpose of this computer is output video and audio together via HDMI cable to TV, which doesn't work now.
How can I achieve this?

If I buy the missing video board, does it support HDMI audio output with video? If so, what's the board part model number that the dell computer use?

If not, any alternative solution that works for this PC?

Image from Bestbuy.com. It's the exact same image from Dell I660 page.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 1st, 2013 03:00

Hi Sky2013,

The Best Buy page shows a discrete video card but the specifications clearly state integrated video. However, it does have a PCI Express slot for adding a video card, although your choices are somewhat limited by the 300W power supply. Two cards that are recommended are the nVIDIA GeForce® GT 620 and the AMD Radeon™ HD 7570.

December 1st, 2013 09:00

Here's xmas comes early ;-)   The HDMI will not show in your 'sound playback' screen until its 'hooked up' to your TV ( and the TV is ON, and perhaps that input is selected )

Then once its 'recognized', make the HDMI the  'default'   Voila  :-)))  Its the same on a Mac too.........one has to manually switch the sound output to whatever one wishes

3 Posts

December 3rd, 2013 10:00

Thank you! Right, it only show up when it's connected to TV and TV is ON.

Windows 8 detect and automatically output sound to HDMI without any configuration.

In this way I could perform two different sound output; Movie sound to HDMI - Configured movie player sound property. And Other sound such as Youtube via browser goes to Aux. And I could see the two output sound from main sound Volumn window (From sound tray on taskbar)

This is cool when I play movie for Kids while I browser web in the same computer.

And I don't need additional sound card which is missing since I use VGA for computer monitor and HDMI for TV from the same board.

Thank you for tip.

No Events found!