Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 21st, 2005 12:00

How to remove Audigy 2zs Drivers Help

How do I remove the audigy 2ZS drivers from my system. Just the drivers not the console. I see lots of Creative things on my system, like codecs etc etc, but I just want the sound card. Do we have the Audigy 2ZS or the ZS Gamer in the XPS 600. What is the latest driver to use. I have tried to update my drivers to Creative's Beta and I think something has gone wrong. The sound in Brothers in Arms Earned in Blood in 5.1 is terrible. Also when I make changes to sound settings in the console they never seem to stay at the settings I pick.
Thanks in advance.

96 Posts

December 21st, 2005 12:00

I'm going to get blasted for this, but I thought I read that with the Dell Audigy Card, you will have trouble using drivers from Creative's website.  At some point, although it may not be that way today, Dell was offering sound cards that were not identical to the retail version, and Dell would put in the description, something like, "Creative Audigy 2 (D)"  with the "(D)" representing that it was a Dell specific card.  In the past people have had trouble using these cards and Creative's drivers and were told to continue using the Dell drivers. 

I'm not sure if this is your problem.  Perhaps Creative's drivers are bad?

No Events found!