Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 1st, 2013 23:00

Humming noise Inspiron One 2320 All in one Desktop PC(Touch)--Service Tag HP9D5P1

Bought yesterday and got it installed by dealer. i am hearing a continuous humming sound from it.Otherwise it is working perfect.

I tried changing position(like tilting the PC sidewards towards left).Noise gets reduced to a little extent.

Please suggest a solution/resolve the issue as the sound is annoying to say the least.That too from a brand new PC

Thank you

KS Gopal

1.3K Posts

July 2nd, 2013 01:00

Hi KS Gopal,

Where exactly is the sound coming from? Please run a hardware diagnostics to check for hardware issues. Kindly find the steps below to perform the hardware diagnostics.

Turn the computer off >restart the computer.

At the Dell logo screen, start tapping the F12 key a few times until you see the ‘One Time Boot Menu’ appear.

At the one time boot menu, press the down arrow key to highlight ‘Diagnostic’, and then press Enter to begin the PSA diagnostics. If the test fails, please make a note of any error codes listed. You can also refer to the link below.

http://dell.to/OUGnqT

Where did you buy the system from? Please provide the dealer details through a private message.

To send me a private message, click on my Forum username and then click Start conversation.

4 Posts

Thanks Harish..Noise coming somewhere from back of PC(top right corner).When tilt PC and keep a sponge packing below stand,sound reduces

Will follow the Diagnostics and let you know.

Where is your forum name(for sending PM)

1.3K Posts

Hi KS Gopal,

I have sent you a private message. Please reply on the same message.

4 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 03:00

replied

4 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 04:00

sent you details via pm

1 Message

August 21st, 2014 16:00

Having the same issue also. Im hearing this humming sound from my inspiron one. It seems the sound is coming from the back. Bought this unit directly from Dell's website. I cant remember when maybe a year ago or two ago.
No Events found!