Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 29th, 2009 21:00

I am having problems installing drivers for onboard audio

I'm new here please B patient, I am trying to install the correct audio drivers for a Dell Dimension 3000. I have installed the drivers related to the motherboard from Dell driver download but it says not correct ones (Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated Audio). re verified 10x +. AnyBody got any other suggestions (also tried the motherboard Intel sight based on motherboard number E210882. All has been unsuccessful.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

January 30th, 2009 03:00

What happened that caused you to install the sound drivers?  Did you do a complete reinstall?  If you reinstalled, did you install the Intel Chipset Drivers?  The chipset drivers MUST be installed before attempting to install sound drivers or a sound device will not be found. 

On a reinstall the correct sequence is (1) Install Windows (2) Install Intel Chipset Drivers (3) Install device drivers including sound, video, etc.

The Dell downloads are HERE but they are only for Windows XP.  If you are installing a different Operating System the Analog devices driver on the downloads will not work.

No Events found!