Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2015 08:00

I bought three XPS 8300's three years ago: network card never worked well. Now one is definitely broken.

Hi,

I bought three XPS 8300 in late 2011 for my family.
All of them had a problem;: the well known problem of the network card not working.
Now, one seems to work fine for some miracle, one connects one in five attempts, and the other one (my personal one) never, NEVER connects, apart from when i use a software called "Driver Fusion" which SOMETIMES allows my network card to work properly after a reboot.

I paid a lot of money for these three systems, I believed in the DELL brand, but now I am very angry! How is it possible for such a brand to deliver such a large number of flawed PC's without heliping  its clients?

is there a solution for my problem?

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

February 15th, 2015 13:00

What isn't connecting properly? The wireless card? 

2 Posts

February 17th, 2015 03:00

The XPS 8300 is a desktop PC with no wireless card.
The internet is full of people complaining about its connectivity issues. 

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

February 17th, 2015 11:00

The XPS 8300 did have an optional wireless card. 

If your question concerns the onboard Broadcom NIC, I'd suggest updating the drivers, both Broadcom and Intel, to their latest respective versions (if you haven't already).

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

February 17th, 2015 22:00

It should have came with a DW1501 or DW1520 card. If not theres an empty slot in the motherboard and you can easily slot one in. Whats showing under network controllers in the device manager?

My XPS 8300 has been pretty stable, I just added 4 USB 3.0 ports to it.

No Events found!