Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2009 11:00

I have to keep reinstalling my SB Audigy Drivers

I upgraded my RAM to 4GB, upgraded my video card from ATI Radeon X300 SE to a Nvidia GeForce9500GT, and Dell sent a tech out to replace my motherboard and also a new PSU 350watt .... while the tech was here, when he booted up the computer, there was no sound, so he installed the drivers for the sound card, and also the updated driver, when he left, I had sound .... however, when I rebooted my computer, there was no sound, and I have to reinstall the drivers, although under device manager, the drivers are visible, and the device is working properly, there is a sound icon in the system tray, nothing is muted .... I'm confused!  Am I missing something?  I don't want to have to do a clean install to fix this, I just want sound ...:emotion-9:

Thank You for your time!

Cindy

30 Posts

my speakers are set to Desktop Speakers, although, I have the Media Experiece System .... here are my system specs

Thank You Davet50

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/15/2009, 10:54:07
       Machine name: DESKTOP
   Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.               
       System Model: Dimension 8400              
               BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A09
          Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
             Memory: 3070MB RAM
          Page File: 531MB used, 3919MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

14.4K Posts

open controll panel and select the sound icon and make sure your spearks are set as the default setting.

Also what os are you using

14.4K Posts

February 15th, 2009 12:00

try looking under your programs listing under the creative section. i belive there was a program that would test the card, drives and such.  Also you can try running the direct X diagnostics Info HERE on how to do that

30 Posts

February 15th, 2009 13:00

I truly don't know how this issue came to be resolved, but Thankfully it has ... LOL!  Davet50, I did as you instructed, and although I didn't see anything in the program's listing under "Creative" to check the driver, I did run dxdiag while I had sound ... everything checked out OK.  Then when I rebooted, (and expected to have NO sound, and re-run dxdiag) well.....what can I say, I had sound on the re-boot :emotion-2:!  So, for now, this topic is considered resolved, although I don't know how that came to be .... :emotion-10: I had previously run the dxdiag prior to reinstalling the driver therefore with no sound, and all the drivers and devices showed "no problems" ... so ... again, I'm confused, but happily so!

Thanks again Davet50 :emotion-21:

Cindy

14.4K Posts

February 15th, 2009 15:00

Glad to hear it is working now. hopefully it will stay that way happy computing.

No Events found!