Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 4th, 2010 11:00

I need your help!

I want to create a Desktop Audio FAQ. Similar to this one. So, if you have a post that has a fix, send me the link and
Problem:
Solution:

Also, list any ideas for whatever else should be in the FAQ.

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 8th, 2010 08:00

I've been buying Low Level Optiplex GX620 towers as well as Other models like the E310 and such.

When installing Windows 7 or Vista on these systems it appears you still need to install Chipset drivers and

sometimes Lan Drivers.

When doing this with 64 bit Vista or XP it seems to help to install chipset then reboot.

Then install the 64 bit or 32 bit XP or Vista Drivers for Audio and Nic to "wake up" vista or WIN7

to recognize the integrated Soundmax Audio chip.

Then with the update driver automatically it downloads a newer WHQL driver

from microsoft and the system becomes 100 percent compatable.

Also The Zotac Series and ATI Series with HDMI ports seem to have an Audio codec

designed to work with HDMI  Video monitor with audio in the HDMI.

In those cases the audio and video works fine EXCEPT when trying to play Blue Ray

videos.  Then there may or may not be an HDCP problem.  The Zotac Ion card has HDCP and DVI and VGA

but the Blue Ray Audio and Video issues are new to me.   Seems to be Blue Ray is still not ready for

prime time.

ION-GPU-A-E ION 512MB DDR3 PCI-Express x1 Low Profile Graphics Card Zotac ION-GPU-A-E ION 512MB DDR3 PCI-Express x1 Low Profile Graphics Card

No Events found!