Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

January 19th, 2004 07:00

I want to replace my OEM Audigy 2 with retail Audigy 2 card ......I

without going into the why's, I want to replace my Audigy 2 card on my D.8300. I know there is no headphone out connection for the front socket, but I can live with that.

Do I delete the drivers from Software, pull the old card and install the new one, or are there more tricky issues, BIOS etc ?

Thanks for any info.

Nick

23 Posts

January 19th, 2004 11:00

Hi Nick,

When I replaced my Dell Audigy 2 card with a retail model, all I did was go to control panel - add/remove software and uninstall everything having to do with the Audigy 2.  Then I replaced the card, installed the new drivers and creative software, and I was fine.

Btw. the Audigy 2 ZS card has the connector for the front headphone jack, if you want to pay more to get this functionality.

17 Posts

January 19th, 2004 12:00

thanks Wiz,

I'm now looking at the "rather" more expensive Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro with the external drive. and I will post a new thread asking for any juicy info about this one.

Your reply was useful as I most likely will just get the normal Audigy 2.

best regards

88 Posts

January 19th, 2004 17:00

I also just switched out the OEM Audigy 2 for a retail Audigy 2 ZS. It has the connector for the front I/O panel on my XPS case (firewire, headphone jack). In reality, it's for the Live drive. Just uninstall the software, pop out the card, and install the new one and software.

260 Posts

January 20th, 2004 19:00

Hey, You guys with the retail cards, did the front headphone jacks noise problem go away with the retail cards ?.

Just wondering.

23 Posts

January 20th, 2004 22:00

My Dell Audigy 2 never had a front headphone jack noise problem to begin with (I have a Dimension 4600), so I can't tell you if a retail card fixes it.  Sorry I can't help.

17 Posts

January 21st, 2004 15:00

my problems have nothing to do with the headphone hiss. Its just ALL hiss and grinding... loads of ambience noise coming out of my Creative 6.1 speakers. When they're not actually being used but are switched on, moving the mouse or the scroll button generates noise. But I just read in a previous thread that a specific model number has such a problem and a different model may solve it. Waiting for an answer from the thread initiator.

here's the thread : http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_audio&message.id=47035

10 Posts

January 21st, 2004 16:00

Nick99,

The model number can be found on the actual card...gotta pop open your pc...should be something like SB.....

-Adam

No Events found!