Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2016 16:00

Inconstant and conflicting answers from Tech Support

I have been purchasing from Dell for several years now and have been very happy with the customer service and products until now. I recently purchased a desktop and monitor and this past order the service was totally unacceptable. First I spent approximately an hour and a half, maybe more, on chat and phone placing the order. Once placed I was under the understanding that it would be a 1-2 day delivery. I was also told I would receive a confirmation email shortly after my call. I never received an email so called 1-2 days later only to be told there was no order…I spent a lot of time on the phone with customer service and the bottom line was I was told to place the order again! I wanted a computer that could accommodate two monitors and was told mine could.

Hooked up the computer could not make the connection. Called back was told I could not hook up 2 monitors and would need a different video card. Installed recommended video card. Now must start computer several times to get screen to work. Called customer service 4 times in one night as they kept hanging up on me. (Not the first time) Over an hour in calls the one guy who stuck with the issue said that I did not need the new graphics/video card and that I only needed an adapter. I called “Advanced” customer support who I have been dealing with since I wrote a letter to Michael Dell of all the issues I have been having. (Not all are listed here)

Advanced support checked with tech support again. I was told to remove the new video/graphics card, plug my monitor into the original card, get an adapter for the new monitor and plug it into the old card and it should work fine. So “ADVANCED” customer support is getting different answers from each tech as well!  So …it has taken me almost a month and a half, dozens of emails, over a dozen phone calls,  unreturned calls, hang-up’s by tech support, inconsistent  different support people which conflict with each other, taking apart my computer to add components, taking it apart to reconfigure back to original. And A LOT of aggravation and anger! Tonight I will go home and take my computer apart reconfigure and hope for the best...if my monitor is not working then back to yet more phone calls with unreliable answers.

Bottom line…almost a month and a half to get two monitors hooked up and now a brand new Dell computer with technical issues due to inconstant and contradictory advice.

Was going to purchase a laptop as well. Not anymore. This longtime Dell customer will be looking elsewhere.

Anyone know how to contact Michel Dell directly? And what are the best social media outlets to re-post this?

No Responses!
No Events found!