Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 17th, 2016 21:00

Inspiron 20 AIO (3059), external speakers?

And I'm having the same issue with an Inspiron 20 AIO (3059).  And I've tried everything, including the suggestion about clicking on the speaker icon on the taskbar.  Any more suggestions?

34 Posts

February 19th, 2016 13:00

Update (with red face): I found the solution -- more muscle!    :emotion-10:   These audio jacks -- like the USB ports on this machine -- are apparently VERY stiff when new, and it just took an additional PUSH to get the plug in far enough to make the connection.  All works well now, and sounds great.  Hopefully this means that this computer is extremely well-built and able to stand up to a lot of tough use.

Thanks anyway for the reply.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 18th, 2016 10:00

What specific speakers? Do they have their own power source? Are you plugging them into the rear audio out port?

34 Posts

February 19th, 2016 09:00

Dell A425, an older 3-piece system (subwoofer & two sattelites), powered.  They work fine with my old Dimension 4700 and even with my tablet.  Today I tried plugging them into the side audio jack, which I think is intended for headphones, and they work OK there.  But I've tried all the various settings in Dell Audio and can't get them to work with the rear audio port...it just continues playing through the integral speakers on the computer.

No Events found!