Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2016 18:00

Inspiron 23 5348 Power

Recently my all-in-one computer has stopped working and will not turn on. The power supply test button LED lights up and all of the fans turn on, so I know power is getting to the motherboard. Because it is an all-in-one I feel like my hands are tied when trying to diagnose the issue. I am familiar with using ATX but not this form factor, I would have tried to short the power headers to see if it was possibly just the power switch. I've switched power cords, unplugged non essential components, and switched the RAM to a different slot. I suspect it's the power switch, PSU, or motherboard. I'm clueless as to where to go from here and any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 3rd, 2016 07:00

This is essentially a notebook computer built into the screen -- basic desktop troubleshooting doesn't apply.

Unplug the system and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove and reinstall both memory modules and try powering up again.  If you know the power supply is OK, and get no response, the only thing to do next is replace the main system board -- just about everything inside the system is

No Events found!