Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 18th, 2016 18:00

Inspiron 3650 crash and now video card stuttering and then games crashing

I have an Inspiron 3650 6th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 Processor 8M Cache and Radeon R9 360 video card

About 2 weeks ago the computer crashed and the only way to get it running again was to tell it to re-install windows.  Once that was done I also did the following:

1) Update Windows 10 to latest patches

2) Go to AMD and upload the latest video drivers since WIndows didn't acknowledge that a new driver was available.

3) Went to the Dell site and downloaded and installed all of the latest upgrades.

4) Upgraded to the latest BIOS.

Even after these steps my computer now stutters during games that use to run before the crash.  By "stuttering" I mean the game would appear to freeze for a second or two, then the screen would flash, then the game would continue.  After 3 or 4 of these stutters the game will crash.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong?  Everything appears to be upgraded to the latest drivers and such, but the computer isn't running like it use to.  If I can't fix this I may just have to send it back under it's warranty.  I'd rather fix it and understand what the problem was rather than sending it back to Dell. 

Thank you

5 Posts

September 20th, 2016 21:00

I pressed F12 and did the hardware diagnostics.  No problems were found.  I run a simple game like Defense Grid and it stutters and crashes.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

September 21st, 2016 10:00

You have malware.

5 Posts

December 5th, 2016 08:00

Malwarebytes and Windows Defender both found nothing.

No Events found!