Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 11th, 2017 14:00

Inspiron 3668 x 2 - Bad Pool Caller BSOD

Hello.  I recently (within the past 2 months) bought two Inspiron 3668 Windows10 machines.  I use them for different purposes in different parts of the house, but they get about the same amount of use.  Both are connected to the network via wifi, and both use primarily Firefox browser.

The thing is that I get periodic "Bad Pool Caller" BSOD on both machines.  There doesn't seem to be a specific pattern to the BSODs, but it does seem to occur while web browsing more often than not.

I've done all the Windows updates and followed other guidance I found around the internet, but no dice.  Because it's happening on both machines, and no others (we have four other computers who all also use Firefox but have a variety of operating systems), it seems like this is either a Dell build problem or Windows 10.

Any assistance is appreciated.  Thank you.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

November 11th, 2017 17:00

Do you have the latest version of BIOS, v1.4.0?  Did you make any changes to BIOS settings after you got these PCs?

Have you updated the drivers from Dell's Support page? A lot of them were updated in last ~2-3 weeks.

www.dell.com/.../drivers

If you're not sure which drivers you need, click the box on that page "Show downloads by Service Tag for factory-installed components" and enter the Service Tag for you system. Note: Use the Service Tag for each PC separately, in case they have (slightly) different hardware to make sure you get the right drivers.

Read/follow instructions to install each driver, but don't use the "download list" option because it can be buggy. Download each driver separately onto the desktop, one right after another, before installing any of them. And it's usually a good idea to reboot in between each new driver.

Drivers are frequently zip files, some of which may install automatically after you double-click them. Others may only unzip the file but not automatically install. So make note of the folder where the unzipped files are saved and if a driver doesn't auto-install, navigate to that folder and look for a setup.exe app to install that driver.

No Events found!