Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 4th, 2016 15:00

Inspiron 3847, Windows 10, MaxxAudio 4 Sound Equalizer missing

I upgraded my Inspiron 3847 to Windows 10. I usually use headphones to listen to music, but I also have a pair of Dell speakers. I noticed the sound got drastically worse after upgrading to Windows 10 but never really investigated. I now have discovered that the MaxxAudio 4 equalizer is gone.

I've been researching this problem but haven't found a reasonable solution. Everything I have found indicates I not only need to uninstall and then reinstall the Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver, but also the Realtek card reader - which makes absolutely no sense. I'm afraid to mess around with the driver for the card reader and mess up my USB/SD card ports.

I have downloaded Dell System Detect software and had it scan my system for driver updates. It updated my chipset drivers but did nothing about my audio driver or the card reader.

Any help/advice for my specific system would be gratefully appreciated.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

October 5th, 2016 08:00

Hi mymymyappendage,

Thanks for posting.

Other users experiencing a similar issue have reinstalled the Windows 7 driver, and it appears to resolve the issue.  You might want to try that.  Another solution, would be to check the manufacturers website to find the Win 10 drivers for your device.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

8 Posts

October 19th, 2016 06:00

Hello Robert P.,

I posted as well about my WMA4 EQ gone among the missing as well. And I hope it fixes it " For You, My,My.... ) but I am on Windows 7 and I tried the drivers several times for different vendors with no luck. I got so fed up I even re-installed my OS and that still didn't do anything. I am %95 sure my trouble started due to windows updating something, What???? I have no idea as the updates come as a roll out now.

If anyone has an idea as to the fix I would be happy to hear it as well, as I did have my EQ before, but not anymore and I don't take pleasure in the fact that I may be " Forced " to go out and buy a Sound Card.

Cheers, Robert M.

No Events found!