Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 22nd, 2017 17:00

Inspiron 530 Unable to recognize boot devices

Hi,

I have been having problems with my old Dell Inspiron 530 computer during boot up. This computer runs Windows Vista with an Intel Inside Pentium Dual Core Processor. As soon as I turn the computer on, it loads to the Dell logo screen OK. But after that it gives me a "No boot device available, Press ENTER key to retry" error, telling me that SATA-0 (Hard Disk) and SATA-1 (DVDROM) are installed but are not recognized as a boot device. Right now the boot settings are set so that the First Boot Device is [Removable] and the Second Boot Device is [Hard Disk]. I have tried switching the Boot Configuration for First and Second Device and even tried them separately. I have tried booting Puppy Linux on the DVDROM, to see if I could get anywhere and if this is just a problem with the hard drive, as Puppy runs purely on RAM, but this is not the case. Any Suggestions, please help?

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

February 23rd, 2017 22:00

Its a legacy system, how are you making your Bootable USB - you'll need to use the MBR partition scheme for Legacy BIOS if using Rufus.

No Events found!