Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 29th, 2016 22:00

Inspiron 530 desktop. Steady amber light. Won't turn on. Orange power button

Hello everyone. 

Tonight I tried to turn on my Inspiron 530 desktop but it didn't fully turn on. This had occurred after I had opened the computer to see why the CDplayer wouldn't open. After closing the computer after failing to open the CD player I had attempted to turn on the computer but it didn't turn on. It has power in it and I had adjusted every cord in the computer into it's correct spot but it only shows me a orange light on the power button with no green light on the back, or it shows me green light  at the back with no light in the power button. Also there's a yellowish- orange light glowing inside the computer and the computer fan inside the center spins for a second as it try to turn on only to turn off soon after I had pushed it. What should I do to fix it? Someone please help me.

Thanks- Zion

2 Intern

• 

1.2K Posts

March 30th, 2016 05:00

Hi ZION023,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Steady amber indicates that either the power supply unit or motherboard is faulty.

As you have already re-adjusted the cables, request you to private message us the service tag of the system in discussion.

Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

March 30th, 2016 13:00

Hello everyone. 

Tonight I tried to turn on my Inspiron 530 desktop but it didn't fully turn on. This had occurred after I had opened the computer to see why the CDplayer wouldn't open. After closing the computer after failing to open the CD player I had attempted to turn on the computer but it didn't turn on. It has power in it and I had adjusted every cord in the computer into it's correct spot but it only shows me a orange light on the power button with no green light on the back, or it shows me green light  at the back with no light in the power button. Also there's a yellowish- orange light glowing inside the computer and the computer fan inside the center spins for a second as it try to turn on only to turn off soon after I had pushed it. What should I do to fix it? Someone please help me.

Thanks- Zion

zion023

Assuming that you have the Inspiron 530 Mini Tower and not the Inspiron 530s Slimline version

Are there any 'Beeps'?

Was the power button Amber light, Blinking, or Solid?

The Inspiron 530 MT Troubleshooter and Diagnostic Codes are here:

http://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_inspiron_desktop/inspiron-530_owner%27s%20manual_en-us.pdf

Bev.

No Events found!