Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 6th, 2009 12:00

Inspiron 545MT Stock Video Output

I can't seem to find this in the manual.  I ordered a 545 recently w/o a video card and want to order a video card from to come around the same time.  Does the 545 just have a VGA connector with the on board video? I have read some 546 owners saying their stock video had an HDMI connector.  The 545 manual seems to suggest mine might come with one.  Just confused on what I'm getting, the order sheet makes no reference.

What I want to eventually do is have a DVI output for my LCD monitor, and either and HDMI or S-Video output for my TV.  I'm looking at the ATI HD 4350 and 4650 cards to add to this computer.

Thanks for any help.

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

October 6th, 2009 12:00

HI CondoCowboy, HERE is an link to your manual. To answer your question, the onboard has VGA and HDMI. The cards that i would recommend are the 9500GT HERE, or the 4650 HERE.

22 Posts

October 6th, 2009 13:00

Thank you very much for your reply, RobinBredin.  That ATI card you linked is one that I was looking at on Newegg. Thanks for confirming it is a good card. 

I'm not a gamer at all, the video card will mostly be for playing DVD's and online video (Hulu, Netflix, NFL) from the computer to the TV. If that is the case, could I go with something a little cheaper such as the 3650 1Gb, or 4550 512Mb?  I'm trying to get a good card but not overkill for what I do.  Most reviews seem to be about gaming, hard to understand what features are important for online video streaming.

Thanks for the help.

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

October 6th, 2009 15:00

I use the 4550, i'ts a good card.

No Events found!