Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 12th, 2014 00:00

Inspiron 560 Desktop - User profile cannot be loaded

Am a novice with computers :emotion-7:.......Computer wasn't used for a month (July '14), worked ok 1st time, then 2nd time this message pops up after entering password -

'The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.'  (underlined is not a typo by me ;-)).

The only choice then is to click 'OK' which then turns off the computer. (Asking this question via my Inspirion 530 Lol, which is still going strong).

Help please?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 14th, 2014 11:00

Hi MojoManx,

Please perform the Windows update manually by updatinig each update one by one and check if issue reoccurs.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 12th, 2014 01:00

Hi MojoManx ,

I would suggest that you start the computer to ‘Last Known Good Configuration’and check if the computer goes to the desktop in the operating system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to initiate ‘Last Known Good Configuration’.

1. Remove all CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then start your computer by pressing the power button.
  2. Immediately at the Dell logo screen, start tapping the key.
  3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration (advanced), and then press Enter.
  4. Check if the computer starts up normally.

3 Posts

August 12th, 2014 04:00

Thank you for your quick response Ravi BC........Have tried what you suggested & just found that a Dell logo screen doesn't load/show!!.......when I press the power button a 'Phillips' logo (monitor) appears, then it goes straight to loading windows, then the password screen! Can you help any further with this please? :emotion-2:

3 Posts

August 12th, 2014 05:00

Actually Ravi I've managed to get the Dell logo screen to load by choosing 'restart' on the failed login screen & did all you suggested to no avail :emotion-6:........but, long story short, I've restored windows to an earlier restore point just before a batch of windows critical updates were installed.......now, what to do about those critical updates? How should I go about re-installing them?  Are you able to give me some advice re this? Thanks so much for your help.

No Events found!