Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 14th, 2013 03:00

Inspiron 620 network controller problem

Hello there! My pc starts to run improperly. When onboard lan is enabled it doesn't boot up, even the windows installation disc doesn't run.

I tried even to update my dell BIOS to version A08,  the updater says "Error 8193: Intel (R) ME Interface : Cannot locate ME device driver".

What could be the problem?

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

May 15th, 2013 06:00

Hi Miroslav,

Apologies for an unpleasant experience. Hope the new system works as per your expectations. Do reach out to us if you need any assistance, I'll be glad to help.

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

May 14th, 2013 05:00

Hi miecias,

Please share the Operating System installed. It appears to be an issue with the drivers on the system. Please update the Chipset and LAN drivers from the link http://dell.to/QjjZDA. Enter the Service Tag of your system and select the operating system. Once the drivers are updated you may try updating the BIOS as well.

Note: Before updating BIOS please ensure that no external devices (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) should be connected. All other programs should be closed and documents saved. Connect your computer any surge protector (if available) to avoid any unexpected shut down.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 14th, 2013 06:00

Thanks for your reply but the problem is that I can't start the OS with the network card enabled in BIOS. i tried also update the BIOS but I can't do this as  I described in my previous post.

May 14th, 2013 08:00

Turnoff boot by lan

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

I'm giving up, nothing works. Apparently Dell wants me to buy a new PC

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

still not working...

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

May 14th, 2013 09:00

Hi miecias,

You may download the drivers and BIOS through a different system and transfer them on a CD or USB flash drive. Connect that flash drive to this system and update the drivers and BIOS.

Also, you may try booting through Last Good Known Configuration. Here are the steps:

• Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F8' key to enter the 'Windows Advanced Options' menu.
  • Use the Arrow keys to select Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked), and then press ENTER.

Note: After you start your computer by using the Last Known Good Configuration feature, changes that were made since the last successful startup are lost.

If the above steps doesn't work, you may try restoring the system back to factory defaults. Please back all the data before you restore the system back to factory settings as this process may lead data loss. You may refer to the link http://dell.to/12VESsX for steps.

Hope this helps. Please reply with the findings.

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

May 14th, 2013 12:00

Try removing the coin-shaped battery from the motherboard for a minute or so, then rebooting and setting the BIOS back to defaults.

The latest drivers for the board, including the Intel Management Engine, are available straight from Intel's download site. In a worst-case scenario, if you can't  get the onboard LAN to work, you can add a gigabyte network card, and you can mail-order such a card from Newegg for $10 or so. That's a lot cheaper than a new PC.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 14th, 2013 13:00

I tried all options but everything failed. I realized that it has to be the hardware problem so I tried my best to solve the problem, I disconnected the HDD and threw the rest of PC out of the balcony and I bought brand new Optiplex 3010. This time with the extended guarantee to avoid fixing this one by myself. Thank you all for your help, I hope this one will work a bit longer than the last one.

Regards

Miroslav J.

No Events found!