Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2015 21:00

Inspiron 660 Restarting problems

Hi guys! In desperation, I made an account here in hopes of solving my problem.
Had an Inspiron 660 for three years now and it has been amazing until this very week. Until now I was able to play Skyrim on Ultra without issues, now I cannot even run any small pixel game without my computer restarting on me for no reason.
I have completely reset my computer back to the original Windows 10 state, erased every file and app, and still it persists whenever I try to play a game. Friends have suggested it may be a power supply issue, what do you guys think?
And yes, I cleaned it out today of all the dust.
Please, please help a fellow Dell lover. Fallout 4 is coming, and I need to play it!

November 10th, 2015 03:00

Hi, 

Was the issue there in previous windows as well??

Have you tried updating BIOS and video drivers:??

Put the machine in BIOS and observe if its still restarting.

Regards

November 10th, 2015 10:00

No, it has never been an issue until this week.
I have updated drivers, though not bios.
It ONLY restarts whilst gaming, can I run bios while doing that?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 10th, 2015 10:00

Hi guys! In desperation, I made an account here in hopes of solving my problem.
Had an Inspiron 660 for three years now and it has been amazing until this very week. Until now I was able to play Skyrim on Ultra without issues, now I cannot even run any small pixel game without my computer restarting on me for no reason.
I have completely reset my computer back to the original Windows 10 state, erased every file and app, and still it persists whenever I try to play a game. Friends have suggested it may be a power supply issue, what do you guys think?
And yes, I cleaned it out today of all the dust.
Please, please help a fellow Dell lover. Fallout 4 is coming, and I need to play it!

Davegamer91

As you are running Windows 10, better to post in the Windows 10 Here:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997

Bev.

November 10th, 2015 18:00

Hi,
No you cant.
Post BIOS update the system will restart, so ensure all the applications in use are saved and closed.
When didyou upgrade to win 10??

November 10th, 2015 18:00

Upgraded a few months ago!

4 Operator

• 

5.2K Posts

November 10th, 2015 19:00

Have you monitored temperatures while gaming? If temps go to high, shut downs can happen. Could be due to a failing fan,  degraded heat transfer paste, loose CPI or GPU cooler, failed cooler (leak in heat pipes), and other issues. Mom

November 11th, 2015 11:00

I have not, but will do so now that you suggest!
I took a look inside and cleaned out the dust, all the components seem to be okay.

No Events found!