Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 5th, 2013 16:00

Inspiron One 2205 - general, yet necessary, questions

Mine is a coupla years old and, yes! I'm the original owner.  The manual was non-existent.   It has Windows 7 and IE 7.

The mouse and keyboard are wireless.  However, the unit itself plugs into the cable service's modem.  Can I assume this is wireless as well?

Here's why:

I want to use my Insignia internet/wifi-ready tv in the living room but keep the Dell in the back room.   Can I use a wireless router or will I need one with a 100 foot cord?

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

January 5th, 2013 18:00

Hi DaisyChase,

Yes, the system is capable of connecting to wireless networks provided a Wireless Card is present in the system.

Inspiron 2205 is offered with Half Height Wireless 1501/1520 Mini Cards. One has an option to choose any of the wireless cards at the time of purchasing the system. Please refer to the invoice or the order details of the system to check if it was ordered with one of the wireless cards.

If the invoice is unavailable, we can check if the system has a wireless card in Device Manager. Please follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Click “start”, type “Device Manager” and press enter.

2. Double-click “Network Adapters” to expand it.

3. Please check if the any of the above wireless cards is listed under "Network Adapters"

If the wireless card is present the computer can be connected to internet via wireless network.

Refer this link for setting up the system on wireless networks: http://bit.ly/Wx0hFC

kindly let me know if you have any further questions.

7 Posts

January 6th, 2013 09:00

Thank you so much for your kindness, Nikhil.  

I've only found the 'amount paid' portion of the receipt, so, I'll look further this coming week.  

However, following your instructions, I don't see any of the cards but I do see the capability to set the network up.   And, I will be ordering a card from Dell.  Any suggestions?

I can't thank you enough!  

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

January 7th, 2013 02:00

Hi DaisyChase,

Please refer this link for purchasing a wireless card for your computer: http://bit.ly/13aM1ZR

Please reply for any further help.

No Events found!