Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 13th, 2016 12:00

Installing a syspreped Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit image on a Dell OptiPlex 7010

I posted this earlier, but I didn't see it listed... Here it is again.

I have a syspreped Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit image that will successfully install on any make / model of Dell or Lenovo computer that our agency uses, but not on a Dell OptiPlex 7010 workstation.

The syspreped Windows 7 image is a clean install with just the OS with updates. No other applications are installed.

After the image is installed on a Dell 7010 and reboots, OOBE setup starts and get a blue screen error when installing devices. It makes to about 70% before getting the blue screen error.

On reboot after the bluescreen, OOBE setup will continue briefly then displays the following error: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click “OK” to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."

I think the USB 3.0 drivers are causing the problems. I know the Regedit fix to get past this to finish OOBE setup, but it is a manual process.

Our agency uses LANDesk to image computers. The whole process is automated start to finish.

We mainly use Dell desktops and Lenovo laptop in our agency. The same image installs flawlessly on all of them except for the Dell OptiPlex 7010 desktop. What is different about the Dell 7010?

We even had the same issues before using LANDesk. We previously imaged computers with Acronis.

The image will not get through OOBE setup on a Dell 7010 without getting a bluescreen error.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Jack Rutledge

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

December 15th, 2016 07:00

There is support for this but its not free.

If you need additional on-site support, Dell can send a dedicated engineer to work one-on-one to update your images, meaning one less thing to take away your IT staff.

What is Ximage?

http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/services/ds_ximage.pdf

No Events found!