Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 7th, 2015 12:00

Installing an internal BLU RAY PLAYER in an XPS 8700 PC.

My purchase of a Dell XPS 8700 computer recently arrived and I hope to install an internal blu ray player since mine didn't come with one.

Is this possible?

I'm somewhat of a computer novice and I've watched videos online of people equipping their computers with a blu ray player, but none of them featured an XPS 8700.  Can someone help me with instructions on how to:

-open up the computer

-connect/install the blu ray player?

I appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you!

1.8K Posts

February 12th, 2015 10:00

Hi,

It should be possible.  The XPS 8700 should come with unused bays where the blu-ray player can be fit into.   But I must warn you that you're dealing with electronics when you're doing installs and upgrades.  Please make sure you're viewing reputable videos that explain all the safety requirements when dealing with delicate parts. 

Here is the link to the manuals for the XPS 8700.   It has both a user's guide and specifications document for you to review.  Again, I would highly recommend reading the section on safety precautions and "before you begin" to get a better understanding of what you need to do.

There should also be a section in the Owner's Manual for how to install a replacement drive, which will basically be the step by step directions.

Good luck, and remember to follow the safety guides and installation instructions fully.

10 Posts

February 13th, 2015 07:00

Hi Todd,

Thank you for your reply.

You're right; my XPS 8700 does come with unused bays.  I was successful in installing my blu-ray player. I did read through the manual. It was very helpful.

Thank you again for your assistance.  It's much appreciated!

1 Message

November 13th, 2017 19:00

Yes, you can do it.

1. Open the Google and type "F2FSoft DVD Blu ray player software"

2. You just need to download Blu ray player software on your PC.

Tips:

1. The Blu-ray has three forms: Blu-ray disc, ISO file and Blu-ray folder.

2. Playing Blu-ray disc needs an external Blu-ray drive (hard-drive, connect to computer with USB)

3. Playing  ISO file and Blu-ray folder need virtual Blu-ray drive (software, install on computer)

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 17th, 2017 05:00

Retail Versions of  External BlueRay Drives can come bundled with Cyberlink PowerDVD Blueray software.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X6JKWY6/

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/edms/ppc/blu-ray-player-software/powerdvd/17/50P_BF/us/index_ach_pdr-wdl.jsp

No Events found!