Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 31st, 2009 22:00

Is there a fix, driver, audio card that will give me What U Hear?

I have been researching this issue endlessly! Other than a cable loop patch, there has been no solution given me to make STEREO MIX, WAVE OUT, or WHAT YOU HEAR an option on my audio card. I have Dell XPS_420 and a SB integrated audio card. Creative told me, after wasting time trying to troubleshoot the issue, that WHAT U HEAR is not supported for my audio card.

Does anyone know of a good audio card (not a gamer card) that has the WHAT U HEAR option in Vista? I have Vista Home Premium.

I have read volumes on this issue, but nothing has solved it. I have been a longtime user of Total Recorder, but even with following their directions for using Total Recorder with Vista, the driver hijacks my system sound...and gives me no sound at all, until I uninstall Total Recorder! I have tried numerous other third-party software. None does the job of recording streaming audio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 1st, 2009 04:00

Did you read this current thread?  Click Me

I have the inexpensive (but usually a step up from Integrated Audio) SoundBlaster Audigy SE installed on my Dell Dimension E510 that has Vista Home Premium 32 bit.  It has the "what you hear" feature, however, you must use the older SoundBlaster drivers (the current and previous drivers are listed on their downloads for this card).  The latest drivers do not have the what you hear - I went through this with a client's PC a couple of months ago and after trying several drivers found out the latest drivers do not support the what you hear. 

Some of the Xfi models do and some don't.  This is what I got from a Creative (SoundBlaster) support person: The statement says the Audigy SE does not, but as I noted it will with the older drivers.

"For your information, The What U Hear recording option is supported in
Windows Vista for Sound Blaster X-Fi series (excluding Extreme Audio and
Titanium series) and Sound Blaster Audigy series (excluding Sound
Blaster Audigy LE, SE, and Audigy Value)."

No Events found!