Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2007 11:00

KVM

Has anyone had any luck using a KVM switch on Windows XP? I have tried everything that Dell told me to do with no luck. I have tried both Belkin and IOGear KVM's

119 Posts

June 20th, 2007 12:00

I use this one with no problems at all with 3 Dimension 3000's and 1 dimension 4600 all running XP-Pro.

1.3K Posts

June 20th, 2007 15:00

I use Belkin and it works just fine.  FYI. Boot up first before connecting the KVM. Plug in the cable and let XP find and install the KVM.  Belkin has had no problem being recognized by XP.

Another note is to check to see if you have the current chipset drivers for you system. This can limit the ability to connect USB devices to your system.

Message Edited by fudgieguys on 06-20-2007 09:48 AM

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

June 20th, 2007 19:00

Sailgirl42

I've also been using a Linkskey KVM switch, purchased from Newegg for over a year, without any probems.

Bev.

===================================================
Please don't send me questions about your system by DCF Messenger.
Post the issue in the appropriate Board, where they will be answered.

1 Message

June 21st, 2007 12:00

All of the problems that have been mentioned are typical of lower cost KVM switches. A good KVM switch should be utterly transparent and cause no problems at all. the kind of problems mentioned are as a result of a product being engineered to a cost. You don't by a Mini and complain that a Ferrari beat you away from the lights!

Having said that, not all lower cost KVM switches will cause problems in all cases just more likely to do so.

An yes, you guessed it, I work for a KVM manufacturer at the expensive end of the market!
No Events found!