Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2010 19:00

Lightscribe tecnology

I own a Dell Studio which I purchased in late 2009. I understand that the lightscribe technology is an HP thing. I had purchased a memorex external drive with lightscribe technology for burning images on lightscribe discs with my dell computer. What a nightmare. Had to return back the drive for a refund, It would not burn the images and tech support from memorex were very incompetent. What would be a compatible drive for my dell. On dell.com they sell the i/o magic brand similar function to the memorex one? Can anyone from dell forum help?

Florida Jay

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

February 15th, 2010 20:00

I am not sure I understand the question. Are you wanting to buy another drive with the Lightscribe features? If so, check the ratings for such drives over at Newegg.com

1.7K Posts

February 15th, 2010 20:00

Optical drives are just plug & play devices.  Any drive will work.  I just pulled the original one out of my Dell and use THIS ONE.  All you have to do is download the Lightscribe software HERE and you're good to go.  You can also just add it as a 2nd drive if you get an extra SATA cable. 

No Events found!