Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2009 13:00

Limited Connectivity Issue

Hey all,

I have a Dell Dimension 1100 that had some issues with it about a month ago.  I decided to reformat it to clean it up a bit.  First of all the reformat went through fine but installing the drivers using Dell's disc failed.  I kept getting errors saying that I did not have the hardware to support my video or audio drivers....whatever.  My main concern is getting the net back up.  Right now I have the limited or no connectivity error with an IP of 169.  If anyone would have any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.  Also, I know before I completed the reformat my one computer was Bridged.  Would this be the problem?  If so how do i go about bridging these computers?

Thanks!
-Kevin

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 7th, 2009 16:00

wz278,

Since the operating system was re-installed did you remember to go to drivers and downloads, enter your service tag(DO NOT POST SERVICE TAG here or your post will get deleted, since it contains your personal information), and install these drivers in this order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software
Chipset or SMBus driver
Processor Driver (if applicable)
Video
Audio (sound)
Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
Modem
Network Card

What happens after these drivers are installed?

Rick

2 Posts

January 8th, 2009 08:00

Installing those drivers helped with some visual issues, but there is still limited/no connectivity to the internet.  When I try to repair the problem, it comes back with the error:

Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action could not be completed: Renewing your IP address.

Any thoughts?

No Events found!