Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2010 22:00

Location of Recycle Bin

I just acquired a new Dell Inspiron with Windows7.  I am totally unacquainted with Win7 and am struggling to configure the computer display to my like.  As an example I cannot locate the Recycle Bin Icon to put on my desktop. How can I find this?  Another problem that is vexing me is if I leave the computer in Sleep mode at the end of the day I have a devil of a time getting the computer to boot up the following morning.  Endless attempts at pressing the Start Button will finally result in a bootup but it is scary.  Am I doing this the wrong way?  Should I just shutdown completely and then Start up fresh the next day?  Please advise.

881 Posts

August 1st, 2010 23:00

As far as the Recycle Bin goes.... Have you tried using the Dell Dock?You can customize it just about any way you care to. I like it a lot and is easy to use. You might want to look into it.

I don't have a clue about the Sleep Mode problem. Sorry.

Jeff

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 2nd, 2010 04:00

First, what model PC and which Win 7 OS, the 32 bit or 64 bit?   Too many different Dell models.

Resuming from standby or hibernate can be iffy (exactly what are you doing? you didn't detail that so we can't really help you) depending on the PC configuration and drivers.  However, normally it's best to just power off (using the "Shutdown" button in Windows 7) the PC overnight. 

HERE is the Microsoft directions on how to show or hide the Recycle Bin and other system icons.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

August 2nd, 2010 15:00

Seems like a common Win 7 problem.

See if any of the suggestions here work for you.

Ron

No Events found!