Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 17th, 2011 18:00

Log on to desktop difficulty

Hello -

I am faced with a DELL 8400 desktop PC, running Windows XP.  This station was donated and is owned by the church I attend in our small rural community.  It has some unique aspects to it which the pastor wishes to take advantage of - namely media shout. Along with an LCD projector and sound system. 

My issue is I can only log onto the station as a user.  Someone set up the station with  administrative and limited user accounts.  "NO ONE" has or knows the administrative password - all of the elders and board members are not computer friendly. 

My question is how can I override the or log onto the station by side stepping the administrative account unknown password?  Is there a back door avenue which can be taken? or am I just vacillating in the matrix? hahahahaha

Any help  or suggestions are greatly and sincerely appreciated in advance.

Best regards,

Jim

Moran United Methodist Church

Moran, KS

2.3K Posts

October 17th, 2011 20:00

The best thing I can tell you to do, is find out who donated it to the church. You will need to get the password from them.

2.3K Posts

October 19th, 2011 15:00

I can`t  officially recommend that you use password cracking software. But you can look and decide for your self.

pcsupport.about.com/.../passrecovery.htm

Let me know how you make out. Good luck.

2 Posts

October 19th, 2011 15:00

Thank you for your response.  Unfortunatley getting any password from the donor is not an option - I have already attempted this request with no success.  suggestion?

No Events found!