Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 30th, 2013 14:00

Looking Dell mouse driver.

I used to own a Dell laptop. I no longer own it (switched to a different brand, my apologies), but I kept the corded infrared mouse that came with it since it was a rather excellent mouse. Now, I've been using this mouse on the new system for a few months and ran into some bugs. The Windows 7 generic mouse drivers wasn't fully compatible (short of it: Windows kept creating additional fake HIDs for this mouse), causing the occasional but still annoying mouse cursor freezes. I did some digging and found out that the only solution for the problem was to find myself a proper Dell driver for this mouse.

This is where I ran into some problems.

I am sure everyone here is aware of how any kind of support works around here. I mean no disrespect, but without a service tag you're pretty much . I can't even properly browse the driver archives without one, let alone ask for help on Dell's chat service. I no longer have any information left regarding the old laptop, no booklets, nothing at all.

The mouse itself does have a small black sticker and a few extra serial numbers printed on the bottom. It is by the way clearly a Dell mouse, not some 3rd party mouse that was merely sold along with it. It has the word 'Dell' printed into the plastic twice, on the bottom and front.

The full serial numbers on the sticker are:

PID:
HS745181GRE
D P/N:XN966

The D at the beginning of the second line has me slightly puzzled. The sticker is rather small, so it is possible it belonged on the first line. In that case it should read:

PID:
HS745181GRED
P/N:XN966

Below the sticker is some more writing imprinted onto the plastic. I can't make out everything because some of it is absolutely tiny and the rest of it is Asian lettering. Here is what I can read:

M/N: M-UAR DEL7
N231
(some letters follow that are too small to read, but I think I can make out M-UAR line again, with a two or three additional symbols that I can't read)
T41126

LISTED
??? accessory
????

Canada ICES-003, Class B
Made in China
CLASS 1 LED PRODUCT

That's pretty much about all I can tell you about this mouse. It would be a shame to throw away a perfectly decent mouse, so I hope I can find some help here. I really need that driver.

2 Posts

January 31st, 2013 16:00

So.. profanity means no help available? If you think I'm going to apoligize, you have something coming.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 1st, 2013 14:00

If you think you can continue to post profanity you have a BAN coming.  That particular mouse is  a  Logitech mouse.. If you look carefully on the bottom you can see it says made for dell by Logitech

http://logitech-viva.navisite.net/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/mouse/mw9791enu.exe

February 18th, 2013 19:00

I have the same mouse and the exact same problem.  Unlike what was previously said, my mouse does NOT say it is made by Logitech.  In fact, the only thing it says in English is that it is made in China.  I tried the driver suggested, and though it installed and saw a new mouse, it did not recognize the model of mouse and the drivers did not make the center button work.  Could someone please provide another suggestion.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating, but obviously not providing help.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 18th, 2013 20:00

I have the same mouse and the exact same problem.  Unlike what was previously said, my mouse does NOT say it is made by Logitech.  In fact, the only thing it says in English is that it is made in China.  I tried the driver suggested, and though it installed and saw a new mouse, it did not recognize the model of mouse and the drivers did not make the center button work.  Could someone please provide another suggestion.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating, but obviously not providing help.

accessories.dell.com/.../productdetail.aspx

kit, Mouse, USB,2BTN,optical,Logitech

Manufacturer Part# : XN966

Dell Part# : XN966

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 18th, 2013 20:00

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/mouse-m100?section=downloads&bit=32&osid=1&bit=32 

SetPoint lets you customize your mouse buttons, keyboard F-keys and hot-keys, control tracking speed, and configure other device-specific settings. It can also notify you of your device's battery status, and whether Caps Lock and Num Lock are on.

Smart Installer – Faster setup time, installation starts while components are downloading. Internet connection required during installation. If you're having trouble with the Smart Installer, try downloading the Full Installer package.

Full Installer – Full-sized download, contains the files for all supported devices. Lets you install offline.

accessories.dell.com/.../productdetail.aspx

kit, Mouse, USB,2BTN,optical,Logitech

Manufacturer Part# : XN966

Dell Part# : XN966

No Events found!